Her Bags Are Packed, Oh Babe, She's Leaving on a HUGE Jet Plane
Oh, Babe she hates to go…
She’s “Leaving on a Jet Plane”… And wants the biggest one in the fleet.
Global Warming will have to wait…
For now, it’s gas guzzling Chevrolet Tahoes and private jet rides.
“Pelosi One” joins “Tunagate”
The Washington Times piles on Speaker Pelosi for her latest outrageous demands. The Speaker’s latest demands
Republican Conference Chairman Adam Putnam of Florida said Mrs. Pelosi’s request represents “an arrogance of office that just defies common sense” and called it “a major deviation from the previous speaker.”
Minority Whip Roy Blunt of Missouri called it a “flying Lincoln Bedroom,” and Rep. Patrick T. McHenry, North Carolina Republican, labeled the speaker’s plane “Pelosi One.”
“This is a bullet point to a larger value — Pelosi’s abuse of power continues,” Mr. McHenry said yesterday. “It began when the speaker denied minority rights to Republicans, continued with her ‘TunaGate’ scandal, and now she’s exploiting America’s armed forces and taxpayers for her own personal convenience.”
“TunaGate” was a reference to Democrats exempting American Samoa from legislation to increase the minimum wage. Star-Kist Tuna, whose parent company Del Monte Corp. is based in Mrs. Pelosi’s district, had lobbied against the wage increase.
An aide to Mrs. Pelosi, who is arguing she needs the jets for security reasons, yesterday referred questions to the Air Force, which is studying the California Democrat’s request along with lawyers at the Pentagon and at the White House. “A lot of people are working this,” an Air Force source said.
The congressional source said government lawyers are trying to reconcile Mrs. Pelosi’s request with Defense Department policy and congressional travel rules.
The NewsBuckit has more on the liberal’s forgotten Campaign Promises.
Update: The Pentagon on Wednesday rejected the Speaker’s request and set up these guidelines for use of military aircraft:
* No more than 10 passengers (C-20’s seat only 12 passengers, not including up to 5 crew members)
* No travel to political events
* Members of the speaker’s family cannot fly unless the speaker makes a request in writing. The Pelosi family has to reimburse the U.S. Treasury for the cost of a coach ticket per person for the travel, as well as for any food
* Members of Congress cannot fly on the plane unless their travel has been cleared with the House Committee on Standards (the Ethics Committee)
* Pelosi’s husband can travel for free, but only for official protocol purposes
The Pelosi camp is looking over the Pentagon’s response to the Speaker’s request.