Democrats really can’t help themselves… they really can’t…
Democrats announce plans to block terrorist surveillance measures during the lame duck session!
Far Left Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) writes today at the Huffington Post that democrats will go ahead and block terrorist surveillance methods:
There are a lot of bad bills that the Republicans may try to ram through, but here’s the worst of the worst – a bill to legalize the President’s warrantless wiretapping program. The White House is desperate to enact this bill, which allows the government to spy on American citizens, on American soil, without a warrant.
If we want to show people that we have what it takes to govern, we need to start proving ourselves right now, from day one.
Proving ourselves means standing up for Democratic values, and stopping the worn-out Republican agenda that Americans just rejected at the polls.
After the gains we made on November 7, it would be easy to just relax and bask in the victory – but it would also be a big mistake. The lame duck is the Republicans’ last chance to pass bills on the White House’s wish list, and we shouldn’t let them get away with it. It is the Democrats’ turn to lead Congress, and we can start strong by rejecting the Republicans’ last ditch efforts in the lame duck session.
Jay Stephenson has more on this latest bold move.
Let’s see, already democrats announce their plans to…
* Cut and Run from Iraq (check)
* Raise taxes (check)
* Announce numerous investigations on the Administration (check)
* Complain about oil dependency while banning exploration and drilling (check)
* Promote scandal plagued senator to Majority leader (check)
* Denounce passport checks at the border (check)
* Secure foreign terrorist rights (check)
* Hold extensive hearings on global warming (check)
* Bring back HillaryCare (Check)
And, the democrats accomplished all of that in less than one week since they won majorities in Congress!