Carnival of the Revolutions
This is the sixth week of the revamped “Carnival of the Revolutions”!
Democratic reformers living in “fear societies” don’t necessarily need guns or large wads of cash to succeed. They just need:
– people to “tell their story”
– people to “hear their story”
– people to “know their story”, and
– people to “feel their story”.
These are historic times! There are remarkable events going on in the world today! Here is an opportunity for us as bloggers, small or large, conservative or liberal, western or non-western to make a difference.
We can work together and spread the news that makes us cheer, that makes us proud, that makes us feel, that Proves We’re Free! Let Freedom Ring!
So, in the words of Robert Mayer… “Let’s cut to the chase, down to this past week’s developments in democracy, elections, tyrannous acts, human rights, and pie. Apple pie.”
So How do we save the world? Capenhagen knows…
* Philippines People Power- What the Bloggers are Saying
* Wow,… Check it out! An all English 24 hour TV Station in Russia!
* Corruption Junction in Ukraine.
* David McDuff submits “Leonid Gankin’s article on “How Islamism came to Uzbekistan” here.
* There are Swedish troops where?
* NATO is reviewing it’s relationship with Uzbekistan… more fallout from the Andijan Massacre.
* Michael Totten responds to questions about Uzbekistan.
* Did you know there was a protest in Uzbekistan, yes, Uzbekistan, this week?
* Protests in Azerbaijan this week and no signs that the government cracked down on the Opposition.
Middle East & Asia
* Lebanon’s Third Round Analysis- The Opposition Goes Head to Head
* Elections are coming up in Iran this week and there has been plenty of news…
* Iran… The week in Review.
* Saddam’s legal team is back in the news.
* Love that Cuban Healthcare!
** Bolivia was in the news all week and bloggers were on the story as well **
* Bolivia got a new president this week!
* And, now there are rumors of war in the country
* There were some protests at the OAS Meetings held this week in Fort Lauderdale.
Here is the upcoming schedule for the Carnival of the Revolutions:
June 20: Siberian Light
June 27: WILLisms.com
July 4: Registan.net
July 11: Publius Pundit
July 18: Boxing Alcibiades
July 25: soapgun blog
August 1: SophistPundit
August 8: Blogrel
August 15: Am I A Pundit Now?
August 22: OPEN
August 29: OPEN
September 5: Thinking-East
September 12: OPEN
September 19: OPEN
Email [email protected] if you would like to host the Carnival of Revolutions at some point in the future. We prefer that you have some experience blogging on these issues, as it requires a moderate level of expertise to prepare the carnival each week.
The submission deadline is each Sunday evening.. Any blogger can submit a post on the rapid flurry of events we see each week, or on a broader theoretical idea. The criteria are fairly broad, but inclusion of your submission is ultmately up to the host.
To submit a post for inclusion next week, use this submission form.