Kate Middleton May ‘Not Appear in Public for the Rest of the Year’ and Is Being ‘Surrounded’ by Family Amid Cancer Diagnosis, Sources Say

Sources close to the Royal Family have disclosed that Princess Kate, the beloved Princess of Wales, may remain out of the public eye for the rest of the year as she focuses on her recovery, surrounded by her family, the Daily Beast reported.

The Princess of Wales has not been seen in public since January, fueling a whirlwind of rumors—these range from allegations of a severe health crisis being downplayed to unfounded gossip about marital strife.

A recent attempt by Kensington Palace to quell these rumors with a Mother’s Day photo of Kate and her children has only drawn more attention to the situation.

Critics pointed out apparent heavy editing, which only served to intensify the rumors that the Palace might be concealing the true severity of her condition.

Photographer Adam Griffin Highlights Major Editing Errors in Kate Middleton’s Official Photo Released by Kensington Palace (Credit: Vox)

In April, in a move described as “rushed” by palace insiders due to leaks to the press, Princess Kate released a heartfelt video acknowledging her cancer diagnosis and detailing her ongoing treatment.

The hospital where the Princess was treated is involved in a huge security scandal: staff reportedly attempted to access her private medical records after she had surgery in January. And it’s not just any facility: opened in 1932, the London Clinic is the place where King Charles also underwent surgery for an enlarged prostate at the hospital earlier this year.

Kate Middleton announced her cancer diagnosis.

“It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I’m so grateful,” the Princess of Wales said in the video.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. Dangerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team, therefore, advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I’m now in the early stages of that treatment.”

“For now, I must focus on making a full recovery. At this time, I’m also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone,” she concluded.

Now, sources close to the Royal Family said that the Princess will likely retreat from the public eye for the rest of the year. She is said to be surrounded by her family, spending time at the family’s country home on the Sandringham Estate.

The Daily Beast reported that Kate’s calendar has been wiped clean. Friends and palace insiders suggest another video update may be expected as a strategic move to mitigate rampant speculation.

The news outlet reported:

The source said: “Lots of people involved in planning need to know what all the principals are doing a long way in advance. I am told that Kate’s diary for this year is empty. There is nothing planned. She may not appear in public for the rest of the year.”

(The Daily Mail’s Richard Eden reported Thursday that Kate’s friends have told him “we might not see Catherine again until the autumn—and only then if she has recovered fully.”)

Asked how the Palace would deal with the inevitable resurgence of conspiracy theories and speculation that a protracted absence would provoke, The Daily Beast’s source said: “I would not rule out another video message updating the country on her health. That proved to be a very effective way of keeping the conspiracy theorists at bay.”

A friend of Kate and William told The Daily Beast: “The key thing for her now is avoiding any kind of stress or anxiety and just getting on with the business of getting better. They will bail out and be off to Sandringham the moment school breaks up.”

Dear Reader - The enemies of freedom are choking off the Gateway Pundit from the resources we need to bring you the truth. Since many asked for it, we now have a way for you to support The Gateway Pundit directly - and get ad-reduced access. Plus, there are goodies like a special Gateway Pundit coffee mug for supporters at a higher level. You can see all the options by clicking here - thank you for your support!
Photo of author
Jim Hᴏft is the founder and editor of The Gateway Pundit, one of the top conservative news outlets in America. Jim was awarded the Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Award in 2013 and is the proud recipient of the Breitbart Award for Excellence in Online Journalism from the Americans for Prosperity Foundation in May 2016.

You can email Jim Hᴏft here, and read more of Jim Hᴏft's articles here.

 

Thanks for sharing!