BREAKING: Paul Pelosi Released from Hospital After Hammer Attack

Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, has reportedly been released from the hospital after being ‘critically injured’ during a targeted break-in at their San Francisco home last Friday, ABC 7 reported.

The following statement was issued by Pelosi regarding her husband’s discharge from the hospital and his ongoing recovery:

“The Pelosi family is thankful for the beautiful outpouring of love, support and prayers from around the world. Paul is grateful to the 911 operator, emergency responders, trauma care team, ICU staff, and the entire ZSFGH medical staff for their excellent and compassionate life-saving treatment he received after the violent assault in our home. Paul remains under doctors’ care as he continues to progress on a long recovery process and convalescence. He is now home surrounded by his family who request privacy.”

MSNBC reported Monday morning that Paul Pelosi, the 82-year-old husband of Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), is in the ICU surrounded by family as he recovers from a hammer attack to his head by an alleged intruder last Friday at the couple’s San Francisco home.

MSNBC’s Brian Kosciesza, “A source with knowledge of the situation tells NBC News that Paul Pelosi remains in ICU surrounded by family members.”

A spokesman for Nancy Pelosi had previously said the attack on her husband was “life-threatening” and that he had received “life-saving” medical care. Paul Pelosi reportedly underwent skull surgery Friday and for wounds to his right arm and hands.

Police have declined to state the nature of DePape’s injuries that have him in the hospital, saying at a briefing Friday that it was “not appropriate” to disclose his injuries.

KNTV-TV reporter Alyssa Goard reported last Sunday night, “As of this evening, San Francisco County Sheriff’s office says David Depape, the man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi, is still in the hospital. Officials have not said why Depape is hospitalized”

The story of the attack by police says that officers arrived to the Pelosi home in response to a mysterious 911 call and that an unknown person opened the door. Officers then saw Pelosi and DePape wrestling over a hammer. When police ordered both men to drop the hammer, DePape took control of the hammer and beat Pelosi with it. Police say that officers then tackled and subdued DePape.

San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins spoke to reporters Sunday afternoon in an effort to reclaim the narrative on the attack. Jenkins said only DePape and Paul Pelosi were in the home at the time of the attack and that DePape broke into the house looking for Nancy Pelosi.

This is a developing story. We will update the story as we learn more.

Photo of author
Jim Hᴏft is the founder and editor of The Gateway Pundit, one of the top conservative news outlets in America. Jim was awarded the Reed Irvine Accuracy in Media Award in 2013 and is the proud recipient of the Breitbart Award for Excellence in Online Journalism from the Americans for Prosperity Foundation in May 2016.

You can email Jim Hoft here, and read more of Jim Hoft's articles here.


Thanks for sharing!