Paul Pelosi Had Surgery to Repair Fractured Skull, Injured Right Arm and Hands: Speaker Pelosi Spox

Drew Hamill, spokesman for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) issued a statement Friday afternoon updating the condition of Paul Pelosi, the Speaker’s 82-year-old husband, who was attacked at the couple’s San Francisco home early Friday morning. Nancy Pelosi was reportedly in Washington, D.C. when the attack occurred.

Paul and Nancy Pelosi at the Grammy Awards, January 25, 2020, Mark Ralston/Getty Images

Pelosi Spokesperson Statement on Paul Pelosi’s Successful Surgery Following Violent Assault

Washington, D.C. — Drew Hammill, spokesman for Speaker Nancy Pelosi, issued this statement:

“Earlier this morning, Paul Pelosi was attacked at home by an assailant who acted with force, and threatened his life while demanding to see the Speaker.

“Mr. Pelosi was admitted to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital where he underwent successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands. His doctors expect a full recovery.

“The Speaker and her family are thankful for the outpouring of support and prayers from friends, constituents and people around the country. The Pelosi family is immensely grateful to Mr. Pelosi’s entire medical team and the law enforcement officers who responded to the assault. The family appreciates respect for their privacy during this time.”

Numerous news outlets incorrectly reported that Paul Pelosi underwent brain surgery.

One that got it right was local KGO-TV (excerpt):

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) — ABC7 News I-Team sources say Nancy Pelosi’s husband, 82-year-old Paul Pelosi, underwent skull surgery Friday. This comes following an early morning violent attack with a hammer-wielding suspect who police believe targeted their San Francisco home. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was not home, nor in the city at the time of the attack.

…ABC News reports that Pelosi’s injuries are “significant,” but according to two familiar sources, he is expected to recover.

Multiple sources tell the ABC7 News I-Team that Pelosi underwent skull surgery Friday morning after the attack.

Reports this afternoon state that Paul Pelosi surreptitiously dialed 911 around 2:27 a.m. PDT while confronting the man who allegedly broke into the Pelosi home. Pelosi was able let the dispatcher know he needed help without alerting the intruder.

Members of the Pelosi family were reported to be at the hospital with Paul Pelosi while the Speaker was flying in from D.C.

The story of the attack on Paul Pelosi has more questions than answers at this point.

Photo of author
Kristinn Taylor has contributed to The Gateway Pundit for over ten years. Mr. Taylor previously wrote for Breitbart, worked for Judicial Watch and was co-leader of the D.C. Chapter of He studied journalism in high school, visited the Newseum and once met David Brinkley.

You can email Kristinn Taylor here, and read more of Kristinn Taylor's articles here.


Thanks for sharing!