Radical Marxist Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascón dodged recall efforts after Los Angeles County banned observers from monitoring the recall vote count.
Observers were not allowed to monitor the vote counting in the effort to recall George Gascón.
The Gascón recall petition was approved in January after the residents of Los Angeles had enough of the Soros DA’s soft-on-crime policies.
But there was a catch…
The Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters said observers are only allowed in standard elections and the recall does not qualify.
On Monday the Los Angeles County registrar announced that the recall efforts failed because not enough *valid* signatures were collected.
According to the LA County Registrar, 520,050 signatures were valid and 195,783 were not valid.
Here’s the breakdown of the invalid signatures according to the registrar:
- Not Registered: 88,464
- Max Number of Times Signed (Duplicate): 43,593
- Different Address: 32,187
- Mismatch Signature: 9,490
- Canceled: 7,344
- Out of County Address: 5,374
- Other: 9,331
Full press release from Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder:
Recall, George Gascón announced radical policy changes shortly after he was elected in late 2020:
1) End cash bail by January 2021
2) Conviction integrity unit
3) No death penalty
4) Felony charging no longer seeking enhancements i.e. gang affiliation
5) Juveniles will not be tried as adults
6) Use-of-force review board to reopen fatal officer-involved shooting cases going back to 2012!
Gascón was previously the DA of San Francisco and absolutely turned that place into a hellhole.