Seven of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims, including Virginia Giuffre and Annie Farmer, will face former socialite Ghislaine Maxwell in court today as she is finally sentenced for her role in the sex-trafficking crimes.
Maxwell faces more than fifty years in jail after being convicted of sex trafficking young girls for Jeffrey Epstein and other high-profile clients who have never been named.
She will be sentenced in New York at 11 a.m. today, with prosecutors saying she deserves 30 to 55 years behind bars.
Victims Annie Farmer, Virginia Giuffre, and ‘Kate,’ a former model, have been permitted to read victim impact statements to the court.
Annie Farmer’s older sister Maria and victims Sarah Ransome, Teresa Helm, Elizabeth Stein, and Juliette Bryant will also be in the courtroom and have submitted written statements.
In December, a jury found Maxwell guilty on five of six outstanding charges against her.
Those charges include the following:
- Count 1: Conspiracy to entice a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex acts – maximum sentence of five years
- Count 3: Conspiracy to transport a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity – maximum sentence of five years
- Count 4: Transporting a minor with the intent to engage in criminal sexual activity – maximum sentence of 10 years
- Count 5: Conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of minors – maximum sentence of five years
- Count 6: Sex trafficking of minors – maximum sentence of 40 years
Last week Maxwell was placed on suicide watch, raising public concern for Maxwell’s safety as the circumstances were similar to those that preceded Epstein’s death. The billionaire’s death has sparked much controversy, a source of many conspiracy theories.
Only thing more remarkable than DOJ not leaking the list is that no one in the media cares. Doesn’t that seem odd? pic.twitter.com/JEK4TErABB
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 4, 2022
Still, many believe that Maxwell has become the “fall guy” for a larger group of wealthy socialites, public figures, and elected officials who engaged in the sex trafficking ring with Epstein. They have called for the records and alleged client lists to be released.