The federal government awarded $127.5 million to 16 families impacted by the Parkland High School mass shooting in 2018.
The deadly shooting took place back on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14, 2018, at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Psychotic killer Nikolas Cruz opened fire, killing 17 people and wounding at least 17 more.
The families accused the FBI of negligence in their lawsuit.
As The Gateway Pundit previously reported — The FBI admitted they did not follow protocol in investigating the violent threats posted online by Nikolas Cruz.
On Jan. 5, 2018, a person close to Florida school shooting suspect contacted the FBI tipline and provided info on the suspect’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting.”
As reported earlier today by TGP writer Josh Caplan.
BREAKING: FBI says Jan. 5 tip about the suspected Florida school shooter was received by FBI’s Public Access Line but “protocols were not followed” to escalate the tip for further investigation – https://t.co/kdrUxk2XiK pic.twitter.com/iBnPWKHQGA
— NBC News (@NBCNews) February 16, 2018
The FBI interviewed Cruz but then dropped their investigation.
The FBI also lied about their investigation.
The FBI also admitted they did not follow protocol on a second threat warning about Nikolas Cruz in JANUARY!
FOX Business Network reported:
Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 individuals at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Wednesday, February 14, 2018, in Parkland, Florida.
Florida then-Governor Rick Scott called on FBI Director Christopher Wray to step down following the botched investigation of mass murderer Nikolas Cruz.
The United States has agreed to pay the families impacted by the 2018 Parkland mass school shooting millions of dollars, years after attorneys first filed claims against the government alleging an FBI agent’s negligence prior to the shooting.
The shooting took place on Feb. 14, 2018, at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where Nikolas Cruz opened fire, killing 17 people and wounding at least 17 more.
The 40 civil cases, which included 16 of the 17 families of those killed, will receive a settlement of $127.5 million, according to a statement by the Justice Department.
“It has been an honor to represent the Parkland families who, through their immeasurable grief, have devoted themselves to making the world a safer place,” their lead attorney, Kristina Infante said, The Associated Press reported. “Although no resolution could ever restore what the Parkland families lost, this settlement marks an important step toward justice.”
In their lawsuit, the families accused the FBI of negligence. They say the bureau received tips about Cruz, including his amassing of weapons and his desire to shoot up a school, but agents failed to intervene and prevent the violence.
Weeks before the shooting, a tipster told the FBI that Cruz was “going to explode,” and that he “was going to slip into a school and start shooting the place up.”
Though the DOJ said the settlement “does not amount to an admission of fault by the United States” in its statement.