The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors will vote today on the purchase of new voting machines for the county.
It’s hard to believe that Maricopa County’s Board of Supervisors would even consider the purchase of voting machines for the county at this time with the results of the Senate’s audit report of the 2020 Election not yet released. But then again, nothing makes sense with this group.
A couple of weeks ago the county announced they would not use the voting machines audited by the Senate’s audit team. So will they now replace the truckloads of machines audited in the Senate’s audit?
Here is the notes for today’s meeting:
UPDATE: July 14, 2021 9:30am Board of Supervisors Formal Meeting
- Following CDC guidelines regarding recommendation to limit social gatherings, no residents will be allowed in the Board of Supervisors‘ meeting rooms.
- Residents can submit comments related to the Board Formal Meeting agenda before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, July 13, by emailing [email protected] or calling 602-506-3766.
- Residents wishing to speak on a Public Hearing item, may list the agenda item # and request a speaker form at [email protected]
- Residents can watch the Board meeting live-streamed at Maricopa.Gov or Maricopa.Gov/324 at the time of the meeting.
- Residents can also watch via GoToWebinar.com, and entering the webinar meeting ID 415-737-139. Pre-registration may be done via this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3853720501834619659
- Residents may listen to the Webinar by dialing 1 (631) 992-3221, and entering the Audio Access code 316-146-302#. Long distance charges may apply.
- No Audio PIN is needed to listen only.
🚨 Maricopa County BOS is rushing to buy more machines from Dominion before the audit results are released.
Item 108 and 109 on today’s agenda: pic.twitter.com/z5hVt3o3wa
— Audit War Room (@AuditWarRoom) July 14, 2021
The Agenda for the meeting notes in sections 108 and 109 the following:
Under topic 108 regarding procurements
Approve contract amendment #3 with Dominion Voting Systems, and increase the contract expenditure authority from $6.1M to $9.0M.
This item was heard in the July 12, 2021 Executive Session. (C-73-19-034-3-01)
Under topic 109 regarding a budget adjustment
Pursuant to A.R.S. §42-17106(B), authorize the following appropriation adjustments to the FY 2022 budget:
1. Increase the expenditure authority for the Elections Department (D210) General Fund (100) Non-Recurring Non-Project (NRNP) expenditure budget in the amount of $ 2,833,220.
2. Decrease the expenditure authority for the Non-Departmental (D470) General Fund (100) Non-Recurring Non-Project (NRNP) budget in the line “Unreserved Contingency” (4711) by $ 2,833,220.
These adjustments will have an overall net impact of zero on the FY 2022 budget.
Residents can submit comments related to the Board Formal Meeting agenda before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, July 13, by emailing [email protected] or calling 602-506-3766.