Just the News reports today:
Georgia’s Fulton County’s Board of Registration and Elections voted Tuesday in favor of removing its election director following a mistake-marred and disputed 2020 election cycle.
The board removed Director Richard Barron in a 3-2 vote, according to 11alive.com.
Problems with balloting in the county emerged in the June primaries and resurfaced in the November General Election when incumbent President Trump narrowly lost the state to Democratic challenger Joe Biden.
The county’s efforts were criticized by the state and the Trump campaign, which argued the results were tainted by voter fraud.
A similar vote against Barron was held last week but ruled invalid because it was taken in an executive, or private, session, 11alive.com also reports.
Dr. Kathleen Ruth, Mark Wingate, two Republicans, and board vice chair Vernetta Keith Nuriddin, a Democrat, voted to remove Barron.
Board Chairperson Mary Carole Cooney and Aaron Johnson, two Democrats, voted to retain him.
Barron was on TV a lot after the 2020 election. He was even quoted as saying that no one was told to leave the Atlanta State Farm Arena on Election Night. He shared this when news of the fake water main break was released and the suspected election fraud occurred late at night by poll counters after all the poll observers went home.
Individuals present at the arena Election night signed affidavits saying that they were told to go home that evening. Barron never signed an agreement stating that they were not told to go home.