College Republicans Release Emergency Resolution Calling for ‘Immediate and Indefinite Immigration Moratorium’ Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
A coalition of College Republican groups from across the nation have released a joint emergency resolution calling for an immediate and indefinite immigration moratorium and the implementation of a “Buy American, Hire American” platform.
The resolution lists a set of policies that they would like to see President Donald Trump use his emergency powers to enact and help protect the safety of American citizens during the coronavirus pandemic.
Student organizations who co-sponsored the resolution include the Real University of Maine College Republicans, the Bruin Republicans at UCLA, America First Bruins, the Berkeley College Republicans, College Republicans United at Arizona State University, San Diego State University College Republicans and Hussan University College Republicans.
The emergency resolution calls for the president to:
- Stop all resettlement of unaccompanied minors claiming asylum status on the southern border;
- Suspend the refugee resettlement program;
- Suspend issuance of any and all new foreign student visas under the F-1 student visa program;
- End the Optional Practical Training program allowing hundreds of thousands of F-1 foreign student visa holders to extend their stays and gain employment in the US, displacing US workers;
- Suspend the H-1B visa lottery for foreign tech workers from China and India who are displacing American tech workers and undercutting American STEM undergrads and grad students whose livelihoods have been upended by the Wuhan Virus Pandemic;
- Suspend the EB-5 citizenship-for-sale program that primarily benefits wealthy Chinese investors;
- Block any “DACA deal” granting amnesty and work permits to 800,000 illegal alien “DREAMers;”
- Tax all alien workers’ remittances (cash transfers back to their countries which totalled more than $573 billion in 2019);
- Finish the southern border wall and shore up air, land, and sea assets on our northern border as well.
The resolution adds that “furthermore, during the COVID-19 crisis, it has become abundently clear that America should at minimum be self-suffieicent for pharmaceutical drugs and other necessary medical supplies.”
“As a result of the globalization of the US economy, several essential production and supply lines have been offshored to foreign countries — leaving all of us, young and old, alarmingly vulnerable to shortages and unacceptably dependent on the Communist regime from which the virus originated in the first place,” the College Republicans continued.
To solve the crisis, the student organizations are calling on President Trump to “adhere to and implement a platform to Buy American, Hire American.”
— AMERICA FIRST BRUINS (@afbruins) March 25, 2020
Christian Secor, President of the America First Bruins at UCLA, told the Gateway Pundit that “due to the coronavirus epidemic, our coalition of young students have come together to ask for President Trump to keep true to his word of America First and close the borders.”
“While many of us hold the view that a moratorium should be instated even without a pandemic, we are trying to reach across the right to see if we can at least come together on the issue of the health of our nation and seal the borders and end migration for the time being as the current circumstances are aberrant and require unconventional means to fix the problem,” Secor added.
We got your back, guys! #AmericanGraduatesFirst
— Lauren Witzke for US Senate (@WitzkeRebellion) March 25, 2020
Delaware senate candidate Lauren Witzke quickly endorsed the resolution, tweeting “We got your back, guys! #AmericanGraduatesFirst.”
The document was also endorsed by Jaden McNeil, president of America First Students at Kansas State University.
“In a campus climate dominated by Koch funded organizations that put America last, it’s great to see groups of young patriots taking a stand to put America first,” he told TGP.
Jeremiah Childs, the Vice Chairmen of the Maine Federation of College Republicans told the Gateway Pundit that his organization co-sponsored the resolution because he believes that we must put the health and safety of Americans first.
“Our country is currently under lockdown however we continue to bring in large amounts of immigrants and refugees that are potentially carrying the coronavirus. It makes no sense for America to continue these policies that put Americans at risk.”