Update: President Trump will not be addressing the nation this evening as CNN previously reported.
Per two sources, President Trump is not giving an address tonight, NY Times reporter Maggie Haberman said.
.@pressec confirms no address.
— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) January 8, 2020
President Trump will make a statement Wednesday morning following the missile attacks from Iran on US bases in Iraq.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020
Iran fired over 35 missiles onto US facilities in Iraq on Tuesday night (US time).
A third base was just hit with missiles in a second wave of attacks in what Iranians dubbed “Operation Martyr Soleimani.”
“It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said in statement.
“As we evaluate the situation and our response, we will take all necessary measures to protect and defend U.S. personnel, partners, and allies in the region.”
“We are aware of the reports of attacks on US facilities in Iraq. The President has been briefed and is monitoring the situation closely and consulting with his national security team,” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said.
President Trump warned Iran that he has 52 targets if Iran were to strike any American or American target.