Senators Grassley, Johnson Ask State Department to Release Documents on Hunter Biden, Burisma and Other Firms Tied to Biden
Two very powerful Republican Senators are not going to let the Bidens get away with their crimes.
Senators Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Ron Johnson (R-WI) sent Secretary of State Mike Pompeo a letter Thursday asking for documents related to Burisma Holdings, Hunter Biden and other firms owned/tied to Biden.
“In April 2014, Vice President Biden reportedly became the “public face of the administration’s handling of Ukraine.” Around the same time, the Vice President’s son, Hunter Biden, and his business associate, Devon Archer both began serving on the board of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian energy company,” the letter stated, adding that Hunter was being paid as much as $30,000 per month (it was actually more).
Grassley and Johnson also stated that Joe Biden bragged about threatening to withhold a billion in aid from Ukraine if they didn’t fire Viktor Shokin, the prosecutor investigating Burisma.
“Well son of a bitch. He got fired,” Biden said of Viktor Shokin in 2018 to the Council on Foreign Relations.
The GOP Senators also referenced recent FOIA docs obtained by award-winning journalist John Solomon in their letter to Pompeo.
New memos obtained by John Solomon this week revealed Burisma Holdings, Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian natural gas company pressured the Obama State Department to help end the corruption investigation during the 2016 election cycle just one month before then-Vice President Joe Biden forced Ukraine to fire Viktor Shokin, the prosecutor probing his son Hunter.
The memos show Burisma Holdings contacted the Obama State Department several times during the 2016 election to discuss ending the probe.
In fact, Burisma Holdings actually name-dropped Hunter Biden when requesting help from the State Department.
On page 4 of the letter, the Senators asked for a specific list of documents related to Burisma, Rosemnot Seneca, Blue Star Strategies, Hunter Biden, Devon Archer, Christopher Heinz and Karen Tramontano.
- All State Department records relating to Hunter Biden, Devon Archer, Christopher Heinz, and Karen Tramontano.
- All State Department records relating to Burisma Holdings, Rosemont Seneca Partners, Rosemont Seneca Bohai LLC, Rosemont Capital, and Blue Star Strategies.
- Based on the February 24, 2016 e-mail cited above, it appears that Ms. Tramontano wanted to meet with then-Under Secretary Novelli. Did this meeting occur? If so, when and who attended? Please produce all records relating to the meeting.
- With respect to the March 2, 2016, meeting between Devon Archer and Secretary Kerry, did that meeting take place? If so, when did it occur, what was it about, and who attended? Please produce all records relating to the meeting.
- With respect to the May 27, 2015, and July 22, 2015, meetings between Hunter Biden and Antony Blinken, did these meetings take place? If so, when did it occur, what was it about, and who attended? Please produce all records relating to the meeting.
- In the February 24, 2016 e-mail cited above, a State Department employee wrote that, “Tramontano would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that [Burisma] is corrupt.” Based on this e-mail, it appears that the U.S. had “determin[ed]” Burisma to be corrupt. Is this accurate? Please explain.
- Has the State Department requested that the Office of the Legal Adviser or the Office of Inspector General review potential concerns and conflicts of interest related to Hunter Biden’s work for Burisma while Vice President Biden reportedly acted as the United States’ top official in Ukraine? If not, why not?
The documents must be released to Grassley and Johnson by November 20.