SUMMER OF SUCCESS: President Trump Sets Record for Major Accomplishments This Summer (VIDEO)
Over the weekend, the Amazon Washington Post’s activist “reporters” released an anti-Trump op-ed aimed at diminishing the President’s summer of historic successes.
This op-ed is another shameful example of bias against President Trump and a clear demonstration of why Americans distrust the liberal mainstream media.
NOW FOR THE TRUTH: President Trump’s summer was filled with win after win for the nation and the American people…
The White House released a video of recent successes this week.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) September 3, 2019
Here are a few points of success:
TAKING ACTION TO STOP THE BORDER CRISIS: While Congress did nothing, President Trump acted to address the dire crisis at our border.
- The President secured an agreement with Guatemala to have migrants apply for asylum there rather than in the U.S.– continuing efforts to stop the crisis at our border.
- President Trump reached a deal with Mexico to have them step up border enforcement and have more asylum seekers wait in Mexico while their cases proceed.
- The Administration is fixing the Flores loopholes Congress has refused to fix, taking action to ensure families can be held together throughout their immigration proceedings.
- The Administration took action help ensure that non-citizens in this country are self-sufficient and not a strain on public benefits.
LEADING HISTORIC DIPLOMACY
- The President held a historic meeting with Chairman Kim Jong Un and President Moon Jae-in at the DMZ.
- President Trump became the first sitting President to step across the DMZ into North Korea.
- President Trump welcomed numerous foreign leaders to the White House for productive meetings, including leaders from Canada, Poland, Pakistan, Romania, Qatar, and Mongolia.
- During a visit to the United Kingdom, President Trump attended a state banquet with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- President Trump strengthened the maximum pressure campaign on Iran, imposing sanctions on the Supreme Leader and the worst elements of the regime.
- The President imposed new sanctions on the oppressive Maduro regime and continued to stand by the Venezuelan people.
- President Trump attended the G7 and G20 Summits, holding a series of meetings with other world leaders to advance fair and reciprocal trade.
IMPROVING HEALTHCARE FOR ALL AMERICANS
- President Trump directed the Administration to take steps to improve price and quality transparency in healthcare.
- The President expanded Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), giving businesses more ways to offer health insurance coverage to workers.
- President Trump launched a kidney health initiative to improve the lives of Americans suffering from kidney disease.
SECURING WINS FOR AMERICAN FARMERS
- The President announced a trade deal with Japan that will give our farmers more market access to export their products.
- Negotiated with the European Union to lift restrictions on American beef exports.
- President Trump authorized $16 billion in funds to support American farmers and defend them against unjustified trade retaliation.
- President Trump directed agencies to streamline agricultural biotechnology regulations – providing a big win to the agriculture industry and helping promote innovative crops.
GIVING AMERICANS A SECOND CHANCE
- President Trump mobilized resources across the government to promote second chance hiring to help Americans find employment after leaving prison.
HONORING OUR HEROES AND CELEBRATING OUR NATION’S INCREDIBLE HISTORY
- President Trump took action to help relieve disabled veterans of their student loan debt.
- The President honored our fallen heroes during the 75th Anniversary of D-Day in France.
- President Trump held a 4th of July ‘Salute to America’ – recognizing the brave men and women of our armed forces and the incredible history of our nation.
- President Trump delivered remarks in Williamsburg, Virginia to mark the 400th Anniversary of the first legislative assembly in America.
PROMOTING WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP AROUND THE WORLD
- President Trump released a Strategy on Women, Peace, and Security, which will enhance women’s leadership around the world and help prevent conflict.
DEVELOPING AFFORDABLE HOUSING
- The President established a Council on Eliminating Barriers to Affordable Housing Development – looking to tackle issues that are holding back affordable housing options.
CHAMPIONING AMERICAN MANUFACTURING
- President Trump held the third ‘Made in America’ event, bringing businesses from across the country to the White House to showcase the products they make right here in the U.S.