Portland Antifa Organization Says One of Their Members Was Raided By Police

The Antifa ‘Portland General Defense Committee’ has announced that one of their members was raided on Wednesday for rioting, criminal mischief, and disorderly conduct.

The group did not name the person who was raided.

In a Facebook post, the “PDX IWW General Defense Committee” wrote:


Earlier today a comrade in Portland had their home raided by the Portland Police in relation to one of the recent demonstrations. The Portland Police detained this activist on charges including rioting, criminal mischief, and disorderly conduct. The police seized many items of clothing, some goggles, and walkie talkies. In these situations, remember to get all paperwork from the officers and look it over to ensure they are only taking what is listed on the warrant. Take pictures of any damage. Do not talk to the police. Once the police have left, or you are released, immediately contact the National Lawyer’s Guild, your comrades, and the GDC (that’s us!) to get the word out. It’s important to communicate about what is going on, and be upfront with your comrades and community about what happened while interacting with the police, and anything you learned in that process. Having your home invaded by the police is terrifying and this is their intent. Lean on your community if this happens. We are stronger and safer when we openly share information and support each other through these experiences.”

It’s Going Down, the largest Antifa website, also posted about the raid.


The Gateway Pundit reached out to the Portland Police Department for more information and was told by their Alternate Public Information Officer Brad Yakots that they are “continuing to follow up on past demonstrations where crimes were committed.”

“Investigators are continuing to follow up on past demonstrations where crimes were committed.  We will push out information to share with the community when appropriate,” Yakots said in an email.

When Yakots was asked to clarify if there was an arrest for the charges that Antifa had claimed in the post or confirm which demonstration they are investigating, he sent the same statement.

“Cassandra – We will push out information to share with the community when appropriate to our investigations,” the second email reiterated.

It remains unclear which riot the person was charged over, if there were actually charges — as violent protests happen so often in that city. The most recent incident was on August 17th, when Joe Biggs hosted a rally with the Proud Boys in the city. The far-left protest against the right-wing group’s free speech lead to approximately a dozen arrests and some minor injuries.

Biggs had organized the event in response to journalist Andy Ngo being violently assaulted while covering a rally there in June.

We will update this post as soon as more information becomes available.

You Might Like