UFO Fans Planning To ‘Storm’ Area 51 hits 1 Million As U.S. Air Force Issues Warning

It all started as an internet goof, but you know how things escalate on the world wide web.

A Facebook post from September 2018, headlined “Storm Area 51, They Can’t Stop All of Us,” exploded over the weekend. Under the section on “Details,” the poster wrote, “We will all meet up at the Area 51 Alien Center tourist attraction and coordinate our entry. If we naruto run, we can move faster than their bullets,” referring to a Japanese comic character known for his speed.

Lets see them aliens,” the poster wrote.

 

Now, there are more than 1 million people signed up and 915,000 “interested.” Just on Friday, there were fewer than 500,000 signed up.

Thousands have posted within the original post, some offering “game plans” for how to seize the federal compound near Groom Lake, Nevada, which has long been rumored to hold evidence of extraterrestrial beings and their space crafts.

Even though it all began as a joke, the Air Force is apparently taking it seriously.

“We would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area,” an Air Force spokeswoman previously said, RT.com reported.


“[Area 51] is an open training range for the U.S. Air Force, and we would discourage anyone from trying to come into the area where we train American armed forces. … The U.S. Air Force always stands ready to protect America and its assets,” spokeswoman Laura McAndrews told The Washington Post.

Annie Jacobsen, author of “Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base,” dismissed the idea that the supposed throng could actually pull off its plan to get into the facility, which is the size of Connecticut and heavily manned by the military.

“That base is so jealously guarded, both in terms of media and in terms of actual physicality. I don’t think the Air Force or any of the other military partners or intelligence community partners that are all working out there at Area 51 are gonna let anybody anywhere near the entrance to Area 51,” Jacobsen said on Fox News.

Still, it all may turn out to be a joke. One Facebook user wrote: “Hello US government, this is a joke, and I do not actually intend to go ahead with this plan. I just thought it would be funny and get me some thumbsy uppies on the internet. I’m not responsible if people decide to actually storm area 51.”

 

You Might Like