President Trump Delivers 2019 SOTU Address — Record Economy, Historic Trade Deals, Winning Foreign Policy …LIVE FEED 9 PM –UPDATE: Talking Points
The Trump Legacy: Record Economy, Historic Trade Deals, Winning Foreign Policy
President Donald Trump will deliver his third State of the Union Address Tuesday night at 9:00 PM Eastern.
This will be President Trump’s second State of the Union Address.
This year’s address was postponed following Nancy Pelosi’s sad politics.
The Trump White House announced their guests for the 2019 State of the Union Address on Tuesday night.
The list includes a diverse group of Americans including victims of illegal alien violence and recovering drug addicts.
Rightside Broadcasting will air the SOTU Address tonight.
UPDATE—- Here are tonight’s talking points.
PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP’S STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS | MESSAGING PREVIEW
- The theme of the State of the Union is CHOOSING GREATNESS. In his address, the President will:
o Cast an inspiring vision of American greatness;
o Outline a policy agenda that both parties can rally behind to achieve this vision;
o Express confidence in this hopeful future;
o And encourage Congress to reject the politics of resistance and retribution and instead adopt a spirit of cooperation and compromise.
SPEECH EXCERPT AS PREPARED FOR DELIVERY
“Together, we can break decades of political stalemate. We can bridge old divisions, heal old wounds, build new coalitions, forge new solutions, and unlock the extraordinary promise of America’s future. The decision is ours to make.”
- Safe and Legal Immigration System – The President will reaffirm his determination to stop illegal immigration, human trafficking, and the flow of drugs and crime.
- Protecting American Workers – President Trump is fighting for the American workers who have been hurt by decades of flawed trade deals. The President will address key trade priorities, including our trading relationship with China and the need to pass the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
- Rebuilding America – The President will ask Congress to produce an infrastructure package that invests in vital national infrastructure projects.
- Lowering the Cost of Healthcare and Prescription Drugs – The President will call on Congress to support the Administration’s efforts to lower the costs of healthcare and prescription drugs.
- Protecting America’s National Security – The President will update Congress on diplomatic and military efforts around the world, and reaffirm his determination to protect American interests and end our endless foreign wars.
KEY MESSAGES SPEECH WILL COMMUNICATE
- Extraordinary bipartisan achievements in this Congress are possible, as we have proved.
- President Trump is a problem solver and will offer common sense, bipartisan solutions.
- At a time when America’s economy is stronger than ever, he will propose policies to expand prosperity and make possible an amazing quality of life for all our citizens.
- Having restored America’s leadership around the world, he will cast a vision for greater security and peace.
- People will be reminded how much President Trump has accomplished for ALL Americans and will be reminded of the broad appeal of the President’s agenda.
- Twitter: @WhiteHouse; @realDonaldTrump; @LaCasaBlanca
- Facebook: Facebook.com/WhiteHouse
- WH Website: WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU (for livestream, photos, excerpts, guest info) and WhiteHouse.gov/News (for factsheets)