OPEN BORDERS MANIA: Beto Announces Counter Rally To Trump’s Border Wall Event
Democrats are panicking over Trump’s upcoming visit to the US/Mexico border in Texas, and they’re sending in their superboy, Robert Francis “Beto” O’Rourke, to lead a counter rally against border wall security.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Beto O’Rourke will lead a march though his hometown of El Paso, Texas, to protest a border wall at the same time President Donald Trump will be holding a rally there to promote it.
O’Rourke is teaming with dozens of civic and human rights organizations for a Monday evening event he says will counter the spreading of “lies and a false narrative about the U.S.-Mexico border.”
Oddly, AP doesn’t mention who the “dozens of civic and human rights organizations” are, likely meaning they contain some pretty sketchy groups.
Also, turns out Robert doesn’t like walls, or any deterrence on the border.
Not only that, but walls and militarization of the border have resulted in the deaths of thousands of migrants, including children. We are pushing desperate families to cross in ever more hostile terrain.
So….America is killing desperate families by making it harder for them to cross illegally?
Not only that, but walls and militarization of the border have resulted in the deaths of thousands of migrants, including children. We are pushing desperate families to cross in ever more hostile terrain. We are ensuring greater suffering and death.https://t.co/8v5NKNzQ8H
— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) February 6, 2019
This is only the beginning of Robert’s craziness. In an article he posted about his open border rally, he detailed some of his demands. It’s possible he plagiarized them from AOC. Make sure to check out point number 6.
- Extend citizenship to the more than one million Dreamers in this country. Not only those who are in our classrooms but those who are teaching in our classrooms; those who are keeping our country safe around the world tonight; those who contribute more to our communities than they’ll ever take.
- Give permanent legal protection and a path to citizenship to their parents, the original Dreamers.
- Bring millions more out of the shadows and on a path to citizenship by ensuring that they register with the government and gain status to legally work, pay taxes and contribute even more to our country’s success.
- Make us safer and more secure. Significantly reduce illegal drug trafficking and stop human trafficking by investing in infrastructure, technology and personnel at our ports of entry. The ports that connect us with Mexico are where the vast majority of everything and everyone that ever comes into our country crosses.
- Increase the visa caps so that we match our opportunities and needs (for work, for education, for investment, for innovation, for family reunification) to the number of people we allow into this country. Ensure that those who want to work in jobs that we can’t fill can legally come here and legally return to their home country.
- Fully accept our opportunity and responsibility under our asylum laws to welcome those whose own governments can no longer protect them — including women fleeing abusive relationships.
When the hell did asylum law change to include women fleeing abusive relationships? (I guess men can’t be in abusive relationships? Does that make Robert anti-woman for assuming a woman can’t abuse a man as well as a man can abuse a woman, or is he homophobic for assuming gay men can’t abuse each other like heterosexuals can? Either way, bigot.)
What Is Asylum?
Asylum is a protection granted to foreign nationals already in the United States or at the border who meet the international law definition of a “refugee.” The United Nations 1951 Convention and 1967 Protocol define a refugee as a person who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her home country, and cannot obtain protection in that country, due to past persecution or a well-founded fear of being persecuted in the future “on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.” Congress incorporated this definition into U.S. immigration law in the Refugee Act of 1980.
Face it, Democrats like Robert want open borders.
Trump should send INS to round up any illegals at the O’Rourke open border rally.