Sam Donaldson Says CNN Asked for Affidavit in Lawsuit Over White House Ban of Jim Acosta

Retired ABC News reporter Sam Donaldson said he has been asked by CNN for an affidavit in support of a lawsuit against the White House over the banning of CNN reporter Jim Acosta.

Acosta had his White House ‘hard pass’ revoked last Wednesday night after he assaulted a White House intern as she tried to take a microphone from him to pass to another reporter during President Trump’s post-mid term elections press conference earlier on Wednesday.

Donaldson made the announcement about the lawsuit in an interview on CNN’s Reliable Sources hosted by Brian Stelter. Donaldson said a hearing would be held on Tuesday for the suit.

Donaldson’s statement about a lawsuit caught Stelter off guard. After the show Stelter reported that CNN told him no suit has been filed, “”No decisions have been made. We have reached out to the White House and gotten no response.”

 

You Might Like

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning. Guest posting is disabled for security reasons.

You Might Like