Breaking: Borderline Bar and Grill Shooter Identified: Ex-Marine Ian Long – Wore All Black, Heavily Tatttooed, Drove Mom’s Car to Bar
Thirteen people were killed last night at the Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks, California late last night.
The shooting took place at 11:20 PM Pacific Time.
Police Sgt. Ron Helus was shot dead after he entered the bar and grill. The unarmed doorman was also killed.
What we know so far about the Thousand Oaks mass shooting:
– 13 people killed, including Ventura County sheriff sergeant and gunman
– Location: Borderline Bar and Grill
– Family unification center: 1375 E. Janss Rd.
– Emergency hotline: 805-465-6650 https://t.co/x4VQRraJwS
— LAist (@LAist) November 8, 2018
Mike Cernovich reported:
– According to witnesses at the scene, someone ran into the bar around 11:30 p.m. and started firing what appeared to be a black pistol: "He shot a lot, at least 30 times. I could still hear gunshots after everyone left."https://t.co/OvhzfBEiR6
— Mike Cernovich | 📽 (@Cernovich) November 8, 2018
The gunman was wearing all black and had facial hair.
The gunman is 29-year-old.
The shooter was identified as Ian Long.
He drove his mother’s car to the bar.
The shooter has been named as 29-year-old Ian Long. Witnesses described him as a heavily-tattooed white man. — Twelve dead as gunman storms 'student night' at bar in California https://t.co/I4vJFrSwdw via @MailOnline
— Chuck Kennedy (@chuck85258) November 8, 2018
It was college night.
— Mike Harris (@Mike___Harris) November 8, 2018
Ian Long was a war veteran.
War veteran David Ian Long identified as gunman with PTSD who killed 12 in bar https://t.co/WDQvHHAaIE
— Fernando Conde (@Fernie_Conde) November 8, 2018
Officers are outside the home of suspected #BorderlineBarGrill gunman David Ian Long waiting to obtain search warrant. Long shared the home w mother. Neighbor says he was a vet that suffered from #PTSD pic.twitter.com/cB6pXRxHeG
— Tim Conway Jr Show (@ConwayShow) November 8, 2018