Rep. Meadows Sends Letter to AG Sessions Demanding Special Prosecutor John Huber Interview Bruce Ohr
Congressman Mark Meadows (R-NC)
Freedom Caucus Chairman and member of the House Oversight Committee, Mark Meadows (R-NC) sent a letter to Attorney General Jeff Sessions this week demanding special prosecutor John Huber interview DOJ official Bruce Ohr.
In a letter sent to AG Sessions, Meadows demands IG Horowitz and John Huber interview Bruce Ohr and investigate “critical violations” in connection with the FBI’s handling the Russia probe and its process obtaining a FISA warrant on Trump advisor Carter Page.
Via Sara Carter:
“During a series of transcribed interviews with witnesses central to our joint congressional investigation to these issues, we have learned of potentially critical information the OG and Mr. Huber should consider,” Meadows’ letter to Sessions states. “I write to encourage Mr. Horowitz and Mr. Huber to include Mr. Ohr’s involvement in these events in their parallel investigations, and his testimony has brought new concerns to light regarding whether the FBI and DOJ followed proper protocol in the fining of U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court applications related to Carter Page.”
ther Important Highlights from Meadows letter:
- A transcribed interview with DOJ Attorney Bruce Ohr “raises grave concerns related to his role as a conduit between Christopher Steele and the FBI as Steele compiled an opposition resea4rch dossier on behalf of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign. Ohr flagged instances in which the FBI and Department of Justice potentially broke from established protocol to further their investigation of the Trump campaign.”
- Ohr’s testimony revealed he had “recorded how the status of his wife, Nellie, as a contractor for Fusion GPS” presented a potential conflict of interest. “
- “In August 2016, months before the FISC approved FISA surveillance of Carter Page, Mr. Ohr recorded this apparent conflict of interest and his firsthand evidence of Mr. Steele’s bias.”
- According to Ohr’s testimony, none of this was included in the FISA application given to the secret courts.
- Former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates and other high-ranking officials at the DOJ signed off on the initial FISA application and subsequent renewals.
“The idea that Bruce Ohr had 60 plus contacts with Chris Steele, and may have served as a backchannel between Steele and the FBI/DOJ, even after Steele was supposedly terminated, is deeply troubling and deserves further examination,” Meadows said to Sara Carter.
In March, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced he would not be appointing a second special counsel to investigate crimes committed by Obama’s FBI and DOJ.
Rather, AG Sessions revealed U.S. Attorney John Huber will be the ‘top federal prosecutor’ who will be investigating FISA abuses.
U.S. Attorney John Huber was first appointed to his position by Barack Obama in 2015.
Several months into John Huber’s FISA abuse investigation and he still has not interviewed twice-demoted DOJ official Bruce Ohr.
Investigative reporter John Solomon also previously revealed that Robert Mueller hasn’t interviewed Bruce Ohr either.
The “Justice” Department is a disgrace; Trump needs to fire Sessions and bring in a pit bull AG who will clean house.