Disney Cuts Ties With Guardians of the Galaxy Writer and Director Over Pedophilia Tweets

Disney has severed ties with James Gunn, the writer and director of the Guardians of the Galaxy series after shocking posts involving child abuse, rape, and child pornography were uncovered in his Twitter account.

The disgusting tweets were brought to light by journalists Mike Cernovich, Jack Posobiec, and director Gabe Hoffman. They included a sordid story about a monkey ejaculating on a child on a movie set, a link which was said to lead to “100 pubescent girls masturbating” that he claimed was sent to him by a man who was later convicted of child pornography, and “jokes” about sexual abuse of children.

Gunn also bragged about doing a reading with convicted pedophile director Victor Salva.

Gunn had previously called attention to himself when he began attacking Ben Shapiro and supporters of President Donald Trump.

Shapiro is now defending Gunn, saying that he shouldn’t be fired over “old joke tweets.”

Gunn had attempted to cover up the disgusting commentary by deleting his blog and thousands of his tweets, but many were archived by Cernovich and others.

“Eagle snatches kid is what I call it when I get lucky,” Gunn said in one of the tweets. Others joked about NAMBLA and incest.


https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1020202785604694016

“The offensive attitudes and statements discovered on James’ Twitter feed are indefensible and inconsistent with our studio’s values, and we have severed our business relationship with him,” Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn said in a statement Friday.

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1020334234773336064

Gunn was set to appear on Friday at the San Diego Comic Con, but the panel has been cancelled after people planned to attend it and question him about his vile sentiments.

“Gunn, 51, who masterminded the entire Guardians of the Galaxy franchise, had been a key creative force within Marvel. Vol. 3 was set to debut in theaters in 2020; Gunn had recently completed the script, and co-star Pom Klementieff (Mantis) told Yahoo earlier Friday, before the controversy erupted, that she was looking forward to reteam with the director on the next film. There is no immediate word on who will replace Gunn on the franchise, but the studio will likely take its time to find a new filmmaker,” Yahoo News reports.

Gunn apologized for the tweets and blog posts claiming that he just has a bad sense of humor.

You Might Like

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning. Guest posting is disabled for security reasons.

You Might Like