HERE IT IS: The Top 10 Different Reasons The IG’s Report On the Clinton Email ‘Matter’ Is Flawed – Obama’s Deep State Runs Deep
Guest post by Joe Hoft
We reported in January that “DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz Has the Potential to Be the Greatest Inspector in US History – He Also Could Be Deep State Hack”.
We received the answer this Thursday and our verdict – Although the IG’s report includes some obvious and already released information about the criminal actions of Hillary Clinton and Obama’s DOJ and FBI, it overall fails in many respects to share an accurate story. Therefore, based on the report, our assessment is that the DOJ’s IG is just another Deep State Hack!
We reported in January –
Many in the media are getting excited about the upcoming release of the IG’s report into his investigation of abuses at the DOJ. But if it turns out that Horowitz is part of the deep state, the report may be disappointing.
Is IG Horowitz a Good Guy?
There’s reason to believe that Horowitz is a good guy. Last week Horowitz announced that he located the text messages after the FBI said they were lost –
In a letter to congressional leaders, Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his office “succeeded in using forensic tools” to recover messages between senior FBI agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page during a key five-month period ending the day special counsel Robert Mueller III was appointed to investigate possible coordination between the Kremlin and Trump’s campaign. The missing messages have sparked a political firestorm in recent days, as GOP leaders and the president have questioned how the FBI failed to retain them.
Mueller hired both Strzok and Page on his team of Trump-Russia investigators. They were part of the biased group of far left Obama and Clinton supporters hired by Mueller. Strzok was removed from the team after his text messages were selected in an investigation carried out by the IG. When identified, the IG notified Mueller who then removed Strzok from his team. The claim was that Strzok was biased against President Trump and removed didn’t hold water because Mueller’s whole team was that way. We now know that the text messages between lovers Strzok and Page are filled with evidence of more sinister actions involving protecting Hillary Clinton from the crimes she committed and framing President Trump for the crimes he didn’t commit.
IG Horowitz has taken actions to date related to Strzok text messages that appear to show that he is a good guy. But what is missing?
Is IG Horowitz a Bad Guy?
Horowitz was nominated by President Obama in July 2011 to be Inspector General of the DOJ. Before this he was at Harvard where he was groomed by the likes of individuals like former corrupt US Representative Barney Frank. Prior to working in private practice, Mr. Horowitz worked in DOJ from 1991 to 2002. In the early 1990s, he worked for former fired FBI Director Comey while the two of them were in the Southern District of New York.
The fact that Horowitz was IG at the DOJ since 2012 under the Obama Administration is concerning. There is no evidence that he ordered an inspection into AG Lynch when it was reported that she met with President Clinton on a tarmac in 2016 and then a week later when Hillary Clinton was given a pass by crooked FBI Director Comey. We don’t know that the IG looked into any number of Obama era crimes and corrupt actions. We don’t know that he looked into the reasons for why the DOJ is delaying emails and documents to Congress or Judicial Watch concerning scandals during the Obama years. The biggest and highest risk areas of the Obama era were never touched or never had any issues identified and reported to the public.
When crooked Rod Rosenstein was in front of Congress he kept referring to the IG’s pending report into the DOJ and Rosenstein acted as if he knew that IG Horowitz was going to give him and the DOJ a pass.
IG Horowitz stated that he has located all the text messages that the FBI reported as missing but we really don’t know yet whether that is true. We also don’t know what is in his report into DOJ abuse. Yesterday Horowitz cancelled his meeting in front of Congress today after Congress sent the four page FISA report to the President for release. Did the IG cancel because he has to determine what is in the FISA memo so that his investigation’s report is not too far out of line?
— Joe Hoft (@joehoft) January 30, 2018
Time will tell but odds would suggest that Horowitz is just another deep state hack. Obama was so corrupt! Drain the swamp!
Others were more optimistic than we were about the IG and his report and now we know that we were right! Horowitz and his team are Deep State!
Here is a list of 10 Reasons from Thursday’s report that support our conclusion –
1. In the IG’s Report whenever the IG found it necessary to address the judgements, decisions and interpretations of the law, the IG sides with the FBI, DOJ and Clinton team every time. Horowitz and team show an effort to side with these entities and their actions and even provide excuses rather than disagree with their obvious flawed decisions and actions.
In the Executive Summary on page ii alone the IG says –
We found that the prosecutors provided justifications…We found that one of the reasons for not using the grand jury for testimony involved concerns about exposing grand jurors to classified information…We found that the reasons for not doing so were based on limitations…We found that these decisions were occurring at a time when Comey and the Midyear team had already concluded that there was likely no prosecutable case and believed it was unlikely the culling laptops would change the outcome of the investigation…We found that, by the date of her interview, the Midyear team and Comey had concluded that the evidence did not support criminal charges…We found no persuasive evidence that Mills’s or Samuelson’s presence influenced Clinton’s interview.”
2. The IG’s response to the rationale of the FBI making a decision to not to bring Hillary to court for maintaining classified emails on her private server is severely flawed. The IG writes on page iv of the Executive Summary –
They concluded that Section 793(f)(1) likely required a state of mind that was “so gross as to almost suggest deliberate intention,” criminally reckless, or “something that falls just short of being willful,” as well as evidence that the individuals who sent emails containing classified information “knowingly” included or transferred such information onto unclassified systems.”
Even the far-left New York Times reported that the law doesn’t require intent –
The relevant statute places a special burden on public officials to safeguard national secrets, making it a crime to remove national defense information from its “proper place of custody” even through mere “gross negligence.” There is no requirement of finding specific intent.
3. The IG notes on page ii reports that the FBI in the Hillary investigation –
Sought to obtain evidence whenever possible through consent but also used compulsory process, including grand jury subpoenas, search warrants, and 2703(d) orders (court orders for non-content email information) to obtain various evidence. We found that the prosecutors provided justifications for the preference for consent that were supported by Department and FBI policy and practice;
However, a former FBI Agent stated in 2017 that –
Never, I repeat never, in my 25-year career have I or any FBI agent known to me investigated a criminal case without the use of a federal grand jury, federal grand jury subpoenas, search warrants, etc.
Search warrants and/or subpoenas should have been executed at Clinton’s residences in Chappaqua and Washington and at Platte River.
The fact that this is coming out now is shocking. Why did the FBI and IG until now withhold information that subpoenas were used in the Hillary investigation and what was subpoenaed? When was it subpoenaed? Why was the IG ok with the fact that Hillary was never subpoenaed in front of a jury? Why is the IG not more transparent on this new issue?
4. The IG ends up agreeing with the FBI’s story regarding Hillary’s emails and ignores the significance of some of the emails found on her server. The IG glosses over the fact that some of the emails on Hillary’s server were of the highest of classification categories. Documents like these are maintained in super controlled environments where an individual must have top clearance to review. Why does the IG seem to ignore this fact?
5. The IG noted that he and his team did not recover all of the corrupt Strzok and Page text messages. A few months ago when Congress requested the text messages, the corrupt DOJ and FBI delayed and delayed and then finally shared some of the messages. Then when pressed corrupt AG Sessions’ DOJ and FBI announced that the text messages had be deleted and they no longer had them. When that happened the question was raised, why did IG Horowitz not announce that he didn’t receive them? A short time later the IG announced that he had the Strzok and Page texts.
Now we find out in the (highly unlikely and questionable) report from the IG that he does not have any more of the Strzok – Page texts. It is simply unbelievable that the IG and his team did not have all the texts at some point in the investigation and if they did not have them, why was Congress not fully disclosed to this fact?
6. When the IG discusses the meeting in Arizona between impeached President Bill Clinton and Obama’s AG Lynch he neglects to highlight that the only emails released related to the meeting from FBI agents didn’t question the reasonableness of the meeting. Emails released since that date requested by Judicial Watch show the FBI was only interested in finding out who reported the meeting, not why the meeting occurred or the legality of the meeting with the Hillary ‘matter’ in the works at that time.
Judicial Watch today released 29 pages of Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) documents related to the June 27, 2016, tarmac meeting between former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and former President Bill Clinton. The documents show that FBI officials were more concerned about leaks than the actual meeting itself. The new documents also show that then-FBI Director Comey seemed to learn of the meeting from news reports.
7. Conflicts of interest are all over the report but the IG states that they did not influence the investigation which clearly is not the case. Due to the significance of the Clinton scandal all prejudices in actuality or appearance should have been eliminated but they were not. The result was the Hillary ‘matter’ was a sham. The IG states on p iii of the Executive Summary –
There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions we reviewed.
8. The IG mentions emails obtained from Weiner’s laptop but stays away from the contents of these emails. The laptop held by Anthony Weiner, the spouse of Hillary’s top aid, Huma Abedin was obtained by the FBI with a reported 340,000 Clinton emails going back to 2007. What the hell was in those emails?
9. The IG in his report overlooks the actions of the FBI and DOJ that clearly were more about perception than adhering to the law. For example from page xi of the Executive Summary –
Lynch, Yates, Axelrod, and their staffs had several discussions that same day as to whether Lynch or Yates should call Comey directly, but said they ultimately decided to have Axelrod communicate “the strong view that neither the DAG nor [AG] felt this letter should go out.” Yates told us they were concerned that direct contact with Comey would be perceived as “strongarming” him, and that based on her experience with Comey, he was likely to “push back hard” against input from Lynch or her, especially if accepting their input meant that he had to go back to his staff and explain that he was reversing his decision. She said that she viewed Rybicki as the person they needed to convince if they wanted to change Comey’s mind. Accordingly, Axelrod informed Rybicki on October 27 of the Department’s strong opposition to Comey’s plan to send a letter.
With Obama everything was always a production.
10. Finally, one overall question on the IG report is why was it slow walked for so long before being provided to the public? This alone adds more questions to the overall soundness of the report as the Deep State was allowed more time to review the report and make edits. Did it take so long to cover up the truth?
— Robert Barnes (@Barnes_Law) June 5, 2018