REPORT: Gen. John Kelly ‘100% Safe’ From Firing After POTUS Trump & Chief of Staff Reach ‘Truce’

Gen. John Kelly appears to be staying put — for now — after President Trump and his Chief of Staff reached a ‘truce,’ Thursday evening. 

Wall Street Journal reports:

President Donald Trump and White House chief of staff John Kelly have settled on a truce, at least temporarily, as the latest round of staff tumult continues to ripple through the West Wing, according to people familiar with the discussions. […]

But on Thursday, Messrs. Trump and Kelly had a productive meeting that left both men reassured. Mr. Trump told advisers afterward that Mr. Kelly was “100% safe.” Mr. Kelly told his associates that, at least for the moment, he and the president had patched things up. “I’m in,” Mr. Kelly told staff.

Asked about Mr. Kelly’s comments earlier in the week, and the meeting between the president and his staff chief on Thursday, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders issued a five-word statement: “Kelly is not going anywhere.”

This week, Fox News‘ John Roberts reported National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster, along with Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and Chief of Staff John Kelly could be soon leaving the White House.

The potential changes — described by sources as a “bloodbath” — include the departure of National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster and his replacement by John Bolton, a former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Other departures from the administration would include Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin and Chief of Staff John Kelly.

The sources have cautioned that Trump will make the ultimate decision about all staff changes. However, the departure of McMaster has been described by multiple sources as “imminent.”

“I’ve gotten to know a lot of people very well over the last year,” President Trump told reporters at the White House this week

“I’m really at a point where we’re getting very close to having the Cabinet and other things that I want,” Trump added.

The Washington Post‘s Josh Dawsey tweeted Friday that “something is going to happen,” according to senior White House sources.

If it’s not Kelly, are McMaster and Shulkin still on the chopping block?


 

You Might Like

Comments

As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning. Guest posting is disabled for security reasons.

You Might Like