‘Will Be An Enormous Shock’: Newt Gingrich Warns Of ‘Great Political Surprise’ In 2018
In a column for Fox News Thursday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich wrote he believes Washington will experience a ‘great political surprise,’ in 2018. The reason? Payback for lying about President Trump and his accomplishments.
“The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory,” contends the Trump surrogate.
After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock. […]
The gap between the news media falsehoods and the dramatically better reality of the GOP tax cuts will have three huge effects on the 2018 campaign:
1. The American people will be positively surprised and pleased by the degree to which Republicans kept their word and actually put more money in taxpayer pockets. After 10 months of frustration from trying to repeal Obamacare, Republicans have proven they can get big things done.
2. The news media’s dishonesty will be vivid at a personal level. People will be able to compare their personal experience with the news media’s fake reporting and endless bias. As the truth sinks in, the ability of the liberal media to shape opinion will decline even further.
3. Democrats who voted against the bill will live to regret it as people look at their family budgets and realize Democrats in the House and Senate wanted Washington bureaucrats to have more money, rather than hard-working Americans. This will certainly be a losing proposition for the 10 Senate Democrats up for re-election in states President Trump won in 2016.
As Joe Hoft of The Gateway Pundit wrote, not one Democrat voted for the historic tax bill. The Party will forever be known for voting against tax cuts for 91% of Americans in 2017. “Experts,” warned corporations would use the tax break to fatten the pockets of shareholders, while leaving the American worker in the cold.
– AT&T quickly responded to this historical tax cut, announcing it will be issuing over 200,000 U.S. employees a special $1,000 bonus and will also increase US capital spending by $1 billion.
– Thanks to Republicans passing historic tax reform, Boeing announced a new $300 million investment initiative.
– Fifth Third Bancorp announced it will “raise its minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15, and distribute a one-time bonus of $1,000 to more than 13,500 employees.”
– Comcast announced it will invest a whopping $50 billion into infrastructure projects over the next five years due to the Republicans’ tax plan. The media giant will also give $1000 bonuses to more than 100,000 employees.