AMAZING: President Trump’s Stock Market Gains in One Year Top Obama’s Gains in 8 Years!
Guest post by Joe Hoft
Greatest Stock Market Rally Ever!
With Another All Time High in the Dow Today – President Trump’s Stock Market Rally Did What President Obama’s Markets Couldn’t Do in 8 years – Increase the All Time High by More than 4,500 Since the Election.
* The Dow has increased 4,825 points since the November 8th election and the Dow all time high has increased by 4,522 since the election (the all time high on election day was 18,636 set on August 15, 2016). The Dow has never increased the All Time Highs this much in such a short period of time in its more than one hundred year history.
* The stock market is based on current information and future expectations. This is why it’s logical to base any impact on the stock market related to a President by measuring from their election onward. For example, when Obama was elected President the Dow was at 9,625. Immediately after his election win the Dow plummeted to an eventual 6,547 on March 9th, 2009 before it began to recover. When President Trump was elected President the Dow sat at 18,332 and has increased at a record pace ever since.
* The all time high when Obama was elected President sat at 14,165 set on October 9th, 2007. The Obama stock markets never surpassed this amount in his entire first term. Eventually the stock market increased and to a new all time high on August 15th, 2016 at 18,636, which is the last all time high before President Trump was elected.
* The Dow all time closing high increased from 14,165 to 18,636 from President Obama’s election to President Trump’s election on November 8th last year for an increase of 4,472. President Trump’s stock market all time highs have increased by 4,522 since the election.
* President Trump increased the all time highs in the market in less than a year by more than Obama increased the all time highs in 8 years.
* President Trump set the record earlier this year for the most all time closing stock market highs during his first year in office. Currently the Dow has set 68 closing highs since last year’s election and 51 since President Trump’s inauguration. (As a comparison, President Obama had no stock market highs his entire first term.)
* More than one in four days since the election has ended in a new stock market high.
* The Dow closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the Dow at 24 days that the markets were open or 35 actual days.
* The Dow took just 66 market open days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The Dow closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd 2016 and closed above 21,000 on March 1st 2017. The previous record was in 2007 when the Dow took nearly three times as long to cover 2,000 points.
* The Dow took just 173 days to surpass the 3,000 point milestone between November 22, 2016 when the Dow surpassed 19,000 and August 2nd, 2017 when the DOW surpassed 22,000. The prior record was in 1999 when the Dow took more than four times as long to reach these heights.
* The Dow surpassed the 23,000 mark today at closing. This increase of 4,000 points in all time highs in this amount of time is unheard of in US history! Never has the all time Dow high increased by more than 4,000 points in less than a year!
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the Dow is up 17% . (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the Dow reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market gained $5 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* Virtually every major stock index is in record territory.