President Trump approved the release of approximately 2800 long-classified JFK assassination records Thursday evening. News outlets from around the globe are furiously combing through the files in search of more pieces to the puzzling death of President John F. Kennedy.
A new report reveals the CIA hatched a plan to team up with the mafia to assassinate Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. In addition, the recently released files state the CIA planned terror bombing in Miami, which would then be blamed on pro-Cuban groups.
Advertisement - story continues below
CBS Miami reports:
A 1975 document from the Rockefeller Commission detailing the CIA’s role in foreign assassinations said plans to assassinate Castro were undertaken in the early days of the Kennedy administration.
The report said Attorney General Robert Kennedy, the President’s brother, told the FBI he learned the CIA hired an intermediary “to approach Sam Giancana with a proposition of paying $150,000 to hire some gunman to go into Cuba and kill Castro.”
The attorney general said that made it hard to prosecute Giancana, a Sicilian American mobster.
The report also said the CIA was later interested in using mobsters to deliver a poison pill to Castro in order to kill him.
During Operation Mongoose in 1960, the CIA also considered staging terror events in Miami and blaming it on pro-Castro Cubans.
“We could develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington. We could sink a boatload of Cubans enroute to Florida (real or simulated). We could foster attempts on lives of Cuban refugees in the United States even to the extent of wounding in instances to be widely publicized. Exploding a few plastic bombs in carefully chosen spots, the arrest of a Cuban agent and the release of prepared documents substantiating Cuban involvement also would be helpful in projecting the idea of an irresponsible government,” stated the report.
As The Gateway Pundit previously reported, the U.S. Government delayed the release of the long awaited ‘JFK Assassination’ files as CIA officials have yet to identify which documents President Trump must sign off on for release.
On Thursday evening, CBS News reported intelligence agents will release 2800 documents and the rest in 180 days from today. According to reports, President Trump is fuming over the delay. According to the White House, President Trump believes intelligence agencies are “not meeting the spirit of the law,” by withholding the JFK files. The decision came after the CIA gave Trump two options; delay the release until every file was certified ‘publishable,’ or risk national security by releasing unevaluated, unredacted files. President Trump selected the former.