Guest post by Joe Hoft
President Trump is Enjoying the Greatest Stock Market Rally Ever – And It Keeps Getting Better! The Dow Is Now Up More Than 4,600 Since Election and 25% !
* The Dow has risen 25% since the election on November 8th. (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on October 17th the DOW closed at 22,997.)
* The Dow has increased 4,665 points since the November 8th election. The Dow has never increased the All Time Highs this much in such a short period of time in its more than one hundred year history.
* President Trump set the record earlier this year for the most all time closing stock market highs during his first year in office. Currently the Dow has set 67 closing highs since last year’s election and 50 since President Trump’s inauguration. (As a comparison, President Obama had no stock market highs his entire first term.)
* More than one in four days since the election has ended in a new stock market high.
* The Dow closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the Dow at 24 days that the markets were open or 35 actual days.
* The Dow took just 66 market open days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The Dow closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd 2016 and closed above 21,000 on March 1st 2017. The previous record was in 2007 when the Dow took nearly three times as long to cover 2,000 points.
* The Dow took just 173 days to surpass the 3,000 point milestone between November 22, 2016 when the Dow surpassed 19,000 and August 2nd, 2017 when the DOW surpassed 22,000. The prior record was in 1999 when the Dow took more than four times as long to reach these heights.
* The Dow surpassed the 23,000 mark yesterday. (Although it closed at just under 23,000.) This increase of 4,000 points is unheard of in US history! Never has the All Time Dow high increased by 4,000 points in less than a year!
* Since President Trump’s Inauguration on January 20th the Dow is up 16% . (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* President Trump is the only President in US history to oversee two stock market rallies of nine days or more where the markets set new highs each and every day.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the Dow reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* Then in early August President Trump reigned over a 9 day stock market rally with each day reaching record highs.
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market gained $5 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* Virtually every major stock index is at record territory.