Guest post by Joe Hoft
(In July President Trump promoted American made products from all 50 states in the White House including a Stetson cowboy hat from Texas. This was just one of his campaign promises – to buy American goods and to hire American employees.)
To date President Trump is true to his campaign promises. Here is a list of President Trump’s Accomplishments with comparisons to Congress and Obama.
President Trump started off as aggressive as any President ever in working for the American people as he promised. In President Trump’s first six months since the election and since his inauguration the US Stock Markets are at record highs and millions of Americans are benefitting in their retirement savings accounts.
* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW is up 12% . (It was at 19,827 at January 20th.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever. The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan’s 1987 record for most continuous closing high trading days when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
* The S&P 500 and the NASDAQ have both set new all-time highs during this period.
* The US Stock Market gained $4 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 also broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
As of today, President Trump decreased the US Debt since his inauguration by (-$102) Billion. President Obama increased the US debt in his first 200 days by more than $1 Trillion.
Government Assistance — Food Stamps
More than 1.1 million fewer Americans on food stamps under President Trump.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump added a projected 1,290,000 jobs in his first 200 days (January through July 2017.) President Obama on the other hand lost more than (4,154,000) million jobs in his first 200 days.
Also according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics President Trump decreased the unemployment rate since his inauguration from 4.8% to 4.3% (January through July 2017). The unemployment rate in January 2017 was 4.8% and by July it was down to 4.3% . President Obama on the other hand moved in the opposite direction. In his first 200 days as President the US unemployment rate increased nearly each month from 7.8% in January 2009 to 9.5% by July of 2009.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the US inflation rate decreased to an eight month low in June to 1.6% . This is in part due to President Trump’s energy policies that are helping average Americans in their pocket books with cheaper gas and electricity. The rate has not yet been reported for July. (Under Obama the inflation rate sank to a scary -2.1% by July of 2009.)
Housing sales are red-hot in the US right now. In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.
According to the US Census Bureau, there were nearly twice as many US housing sales in the past couple of months as there were under President Obama in 2009 during the same time period. (The annualized housing sales rate for June 2017 are reported at 610,000 where in 2009 this amount was only 393,000.)
Decrease in Regulations
One of the first things that President Trump did in office was to reduce the number or burdensome regulations put in place during the Obama era. In January President Trump signed his 2 for 1 executive order mandating that for every new regulation, two regulations needed to be revoked. Even far left Politico notes that significant new federal regulations since Trump’s inauguration have slowed to an almost total halt.
Regulations cost Americans and American companies money to implement and maintain. Reducing or halting regulations allows companies to spend their money on more prudent money making areas.
The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in President Trump’s first six months which was the best number since 1983 under President Reagan.
Illegal immigration is down 67% since last year under President Trump.
Below is a partial list of additional actions taken by President Trump that are maintained at a reddit site:
* President Trump is donating his paycheck. He gets nothing from us for all of this work.
* He killed the TPP
* He pulled out of the Paris accord
* He had a major victory on sugar exports from Mexico. Made Mexico drop the exports % and the amount of refined sugar. Will help our sugar industry and the US sugar mills that produce refined sugar from raw sugar.
* He notified Congress of NAFTA renegotiation on May 18th. Talks can start 90 days later on Aug 16th, 2017
* He opened up selling beef to China and LNG gas as well as giving a way to get 1 billion Chinese credit scores so the USA can offer them credit. Trade deal was done in record time.
* Secretary Ross slapped more than $2 billion in fines on China and Canada for illegal trade practices.
* He repealed 14 Obama regulations via CRA saving $ billions in costs to the economy
* North Dakota experiencing a boom since Dakota access pipeline finished (500,000 Barrels now flowing through pipeline per day)
* Keystone pipeline construction ongoing
* Mining, steel and oil/gas jobs booming
* Mines reopening
* He launched the United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders with Canadian PM Justin Trudeau.
* He cut $1.6 billion costs from Air Force one and F-35 airplanes.
* He put a regulatory freeze on all federal governmental agencies.
* Food Stamp spending is down almost $1 billion per month and $12 billion per year per USAD
* 6,000 MS-13 gang members arrested in first 5 months
* 66,000 mostly criminal illegals arrested by ICE in first 5 months
* TRAVEL BAN upheld by SCOTUS by 9-0 ruling. Extreme vetting will now become law of the land.
* See many more positive actions at the link above
* The one material action taken by Congress was to confirm Justice Gorsuch to SCOTUS!
* 39+ bills have been signed into law so far
* Obamacare repeal and replace passed the House but remains stuck in the Senate
* Tax cuts and tax reform are moving through Congress
* Returned power to make decisions on “transgender bathrooms” to states
* The Senate voted for VA accountability act – A major victory for Trump agenda signed into law on 06/23/17.
The President also pointed out numerous times that the MSM (Main Stream Media) reports only on a made up Russia conspiracy story and ignores these accomplishments. These actions are making the majority of Americans aware of the tremendous bias and falsehoods emanating from the media in the US and abroad. This too is another major Trump accomplishment.
President Trump is doing all he can for the American people and as a result the economic results are incredible. In nearly every category the economy is improving under President Trump especially when compared to the same time period for President Obama. In spite of Congress’s somewhat pathetic results to date President Trump is providing Americans positive and historic results and hope for the future.