Judge Napolitano Pulled From Fox News After British Intel Wiretap Claims
Fox News’ Judge Napolitano is being kept off the air indefinitely after he made a claim that British intelligence wiretapped Trump Tower at Obama’s request.
According to the L.A. Times:
Fox News did not respond to inquiries about Napolitano’s status Monday. Napolitano was conspicuously missing from the network’s coverage of the confirmation hearings on Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch — an event in which he typically would have played a significant role. He has not been on the air since Thursday.
People familiar with the situation who could speak only on the condition of anonymity said Napolitano is not expected to be on Fox News Channel any time in the near future. Napolitano was not available for comment.
But Napolitano said on one program that “Fox News has spoken to intelligence community members who believe that surveillance did occur, that it was done by British intelligence.”
Fox News, however, did no such thing, forcing its anchors to walk back Napolitano’s statement.
“Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now-president of the United States was surveilled at any time, in any way,” Shepard Smith told viewers Friday.
In a statement read on the Fox News program “MediaBuzz” on Sunday, Napolitano defended his comments. He said he “reported what the sources told me, reported it accurately and I do believe the substance of what they told me.”
Judge Nap is one of the truth tellers on Fox News. It would be a shame if they didn’t let him come back on. He will definitely make sure he is heard one way of another. Conservatives love Judge Nap!
Read the rest of the report here.
Judge Napolitano posted a video clip last week on government spying on Donald Trump.
Was Candidate Trump Spied On?
Judge Napolitano’s Chambershttps://t.co/QXe2PTYWCe
— Judge Napolitano (@Judgenap) March 16, 2017