IRS Finds 6,924 Documents Related to Obama Tea Party Targeting — Two Years After FOIA Request
The Obama IRS targeted over 400 conservative groups for intrusive scrutiny.
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
That’s not all…
A Congressional report revealed 10% of Tea Party donors were audited by the IRS. This is 10 times more often than regular Americans.
Now after two years of stalling the IRS finally has located 6,924 documents related to the scandal.
The Free Beacon reported:
The Internal Revenue Service has located 6,924 documents potentially related to the targeting of Tea Party conservatives, two years after the group Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit for them.
The watchdog group intended to find records regarding how the IRS selected individuals and organizations for audits that were requesting nonprofit tax status.
The agency will not say when it will make the documents available to the public…
…Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, is calling on President Trump to clean house at the agency.
“The corruption at the IRS is astounding,” Fitton said in a statement. “Our attorneys knew that there were more records to be searched but the Obama IRS ignored this issue for years. President Trump needs to clean house at the IRS as quickly as possible.”