Video: #BlackLivesMatter Activist Upset that Atlanta Police Get Chick-fil-A Delivery While Protesters Starve

Black Lives Matter protesters marched on the Governor’s Mansion in Atlanta, Georgia Monday night. The protesters staged a sit-in to demand a meeting with Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and Police Chief George Turner as Governor Nathan Deal was in Germany on a trade mission.

Protesters placed orders for munchies for what they thought would be a comfortable night of protest.

“Meanwhile, a woman with a megaphone is organizing food orders.”


The late night munchies-run was interrupted as Atlanta police closed off the area, allowing the protesters to stay but not allowing reinforcements or those already there to leave and return.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported:

“11:07 p.m. A sit-in outside the governor’s mansion has been going on for almost 90 minutes, with many protesters saying they plan to stay all night. An officer on the scene confirmed to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that if protesters leave the area, such as to get food or drinks, they will not be permitted to return. The march began at 7 p.m. on Lenox Road, made its way south on Peachtree Road and then turned onto West Paces Ferry Road. Estimates have the crowd at between 200 and 300 at this point.”

“Energy still high even though APD is illegally denying supplies. #ATLisREADY”

One protester, @Philosavery posted a video to Twitter complaining that police across the street from the sit-in had Chick-fil-A delivered to them while the protesters were being kept from having food delivered to them.

“APD just served ChicFilA meals while they deny protestors food. This is ATL. #ATLisREADY”

“Atlanta police officers just got Chick-fil-A dropped off to them while they stand out here and illegally deny protesters who are legally occupying space in front of the Governor’s Mansion supplies. They’re not allowing food or water to be brought back in. They’re not letting people come back in and out. And they just got Chick-fil-A dropped off. Chick-fil-A just brought them food. Wow! Wow!”

A copy of the video was posted to YouTube.

Proesters eventually got a meeting with Mayor Reed and Chief Turner with a promise of a follow-up meeting next week.

AJC: “12:30 a.m. Reed met with four organizers inside a government vehicle. They later emerged with Reed confirming a meeting scheduled for next Monday at 9 a.m. following what he calls “a cooling off period.””

You Might Like