Update: Charges Filed Against Suspect in Robbery and Shooting of Army Veteran Outside Cardinals Game

Army veteran Chris Sanna took his mother to a Cardinals game last week.
Today he’s paralyzed.
chris sanna

Chris was robbed and shot in the back after the game.

Chris and his girlfriend gave the robber their valuables but he was shot in the back anyway.


** A GoFundMe page was set up to support Chris Sanna.

** There have been 151 murders in St. Louis so far this year – nearing a 20 year high.

There were at least three similar robbery-shootings in St. Louis in the past month.

Police arrested a suspect this weekend in the shooting and robbery of Chris Hanna. The suspect was beating his girlfriend police were called.

Police charged Kilwa Jones today with the shooting and robbery.
kilwa jones

FOX 2 Now reported:

Charges have been filed soon against 31-year-old Kilwa Jones. He is the suspect in the robbery and shooting that left Cardinals fan Chris Sanna paralyzed. He has been charged with two felony counts of assault, two counts of robbery and four counts of armed criminal action.

The suspect was arrested at his Spanish Lake apartment on Sunday on unrelated domestic abuse charges for allegedly beating his girlfriend. Police sources tell the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that store surveillance footage captured him using Chris Sanna’s credit cards. Police also found a hand-gun in his vehicle: A Highpoint C-9, 9mm.

Chris Sanna, 43, of House Springs and his three brothers were at Friday night’s Cardinal game with their mother. It was an early 60th birthday celebration for mom.

The victim’s girlfriend says that the suspect approached her and her boyfriend Chris Sanna while they were walking to the car after a Cardinals game. They were in the 200 block of Walnut. He showed his handgun and stole her Michael Kors purse and it’s contents.

Her boyfriend then reached into his pants to hand over his property to the robber. She says that is when Jones fired two shots from his handgun at her and Sanna. One of those shots struck Sanna in the back, paralyzing him, and causing him to fall to the ground.

She says Kilwa Jones went through Chris Sanna’s pockets while he was paralyzed. He is still paralyzed.

Chris’ mom and dad say they are very thankful that a suspect is in custody.

Read the rest here.

You Might Like