Rochester Man Fires Gun at Drive-by Shooter Who Killed Three – Is Quickly Arrested
A Rochester man fired on a drive-by shooter at a Boys and Girls club. Three people were killed in the shooting. Police arrested Quartermaine D. Titus for shooting at the vehicle.
Police have arrested a 32-year-old city man for allegedly firing at the vehicle in last week’s drive-by shooting at the Boys & Girls club on Genesee Street.
But whoever fired into the crowd — killing three and injuring four others — remains at large, authorities said Saturday. And that had Mayor Lovely Warren and others making impassioned pleas for witnesses to speak up.
“The information that we have currently is not enough,” Warren said during a late-afternoon news conference at the Public Safety Building.
“I’m begging you. I’m asking you for this community, if you know something, please come forward. The victims and their families deserve justice. They deserve it. And I know that there is someone out there that can help us bring these individuals to justice and give these families peace of mind.”
Quartermaine D. Titus, 32, allegedly was caught on video firing a .22-caliber handgun at the scene on Wednesday. Titus was arrested late Friday for felony criminal possession of a weapon, arraigned Saturday morning and remains in the Monroe County Jail. He has prior misdemeanor and felony convictions, but none for weapons charges, said District Attorney Sandra Doorley…
…authorities do not think Titus is responsible for the slayings of Johnny Johnson, 25, Jonah Barley, 17, and Raekwon Manigault,19, nor for injuring the other four people.