GOALS OF COMMUNISM List From 1963 Looks Awfully Familiar Today
Way back in 1963, a list of communist goals was given to congress. Certain parts of the list seem like they were tailor made for what’s happening in America today.
Bruce Deitrick Price of Renew America reported:
Communism’s goals, 1963 and now
The list provides a snapshot of Communist thinking in the middle of the Cold War a half-century ago. It provides insight into how thorough and methodical our Communist antagonists were and are.
Remarkably, many smart people still hesitate to use the word conspiracy. This is bizarre. When you have a large organization mobilized against you and trying to destroy your country, you need to look unflinchingly at each of their objectives.
This list was excerpted from “The Naked Communist” by Cleon Skousen, a bestseller in 1961, and placed in the Congressional record by Congressman A. S. Herlong of Florida.
Here are some choice items from the list of goals:
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
Does any of that sound familiar?