Confirmed: State Dept. Memo Shows Obama Admin. Is Going to Move Ebola Patients to US (Video)
FOX News obtained a State Department memo showing the Obama administration is planning on moving infected Ebola patients to the US.
White House Spokesperson Josh Earnest was asked about the memo but would not confirm nor deny the documemt
Via Special Report:
FOX News reported earlier Tuesday that the Obama Administration was denying the claims:
The Obama administration is denying claims that they are exploring plans to bring non-U.S. citizens infected with Ebola to the United States for treatment.
Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, initially told Fox News that his office has received “information from within the administration” that such plans are being developed. So far, only American Ebola patients have been brought back to the U.S. for treatment from the disease epicenter in West Africa.
Goodlatte warned that expanding that policy could put the country at more risk.
“Members of the media, my office have received confidential communications saying that those plans are being developed,” Goodlatte said Monday night.
“This is simply a matter of common sense that if you are concerned about this problem spreading — and this is a deadly disease that we’re even concerned about the great health care workers when they come back not spreading it — we certainly shouldn’t be bringing in the patients.”
But a State Department official said Tuesday that they’re only talking about letting other countries use U.S. planes to transport Ebola patients to their own home countries.