Burlington, Iowa City Council to Consider Ban on Open Carry of Toy Guns
The Burlington, Iowa city council wants to ban open carry of toy guns.
The ordinance will make it illegal to openly carry a toy gun or conceal one with clothes.
Via Iowa Gun Owners Facebook page:
The Burlington Iowa City Council is moving to pass an ordinance that would require you to get their WRITTEN permission before your kids can play with toy guns, replica guns, BB guns, etc!
If your kids play with these toys in most outdoor situations, or if they play with toy guns in the car while you drive them around, you are looking at a fine in excess of $500 and up to a month in jail!
We spoke to the Mayor, who unapologetically defended the proposal as “forward thinking”…
They are meeting tonight. They need to hear from Iowans immediately about this stupidity. Tell them how you feel about needing a ‘hall pass’ for your children to play Cowboys and Indians in your backyard.
If they pass it in this town, they can try it in your town next. So please, immediately contact:
• Mayor McCampbell at (319)457-2652 or by emailing [email protected]
• Council Member Becky Anderson can be reached at [email protected]
• Council Member Robert Fleming can be reached at [email protected]
• Council Member Tim Scott can be reached at [email protected]
• Council Member Becky Shockley can be reached at [email protected]