Wrong Again… John Kerry Says There Were No Deaths from West Bank Terror in 2013 …(There Were 5)
Another day – Another embarrassment
Secretary of State John Kerry told the Munich conference last week there were no deaths by Palestinian terrorists in the West Bank in 2013.
Wrong: There were five.
Algemeiner reported, via Free Republic:
“Last year, not one Israeli was killed by a Palestinian from the West Bank,” U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry told guests at a Munich conference on Saturday, according to a U.S. State Department transcript. His comments, however, came just days after Israel’s Shin Bet security service detailed the Israeli deaths from terror attacks originating in the territory in 2013.
In April, Shin Bet said, “One Israeli was killed (April 30) in a stabbing attack at Tapuah Junction (Samaria). The perpetrator, a Palestinian, resident of Shuka, Tul Karem, stabbed the Israeli, and then kidnapped his weapon and opened fire on IDF solders; there were no other casualties.”
In September, Shin Bet said, “This month, two Israelis were killed: an IDF soldier who was lured by a Palestinian illegal alien who had worked with the soldier in Bat Yam, to travel with the Palestinian to Beit Amin / Qalqiliyah, where he was murdered (September 21), and an IDF soldier who was shot dead near Hebron’s Cave of the Patriarchs (September 22).”
In October: “This month’s attacks recorded an Israeli citizen (October 10) who was stabbed to death in Brosh / Jordan Valley, and four casualties which included the wife of the stabbed man, another stabbing attack of a nine year old girl in Psagot near Ramallah (October 5), and a run-over attack against two soldiers near Bzaria / Nablus (October 5).”
In November, Shin Bet said, “Two stabbing attacks were noted this month. Both had occurred within the Green Line area. They resulted in the death of an Israeli soldier who was stabbed in Afula (November 13), and a female Israeli soldier lightly injured in Jaffa (November 22). Additionally, 3 Israeli citizens were injured this month: a female baby aged circa two sitting in a vehicle sustained moderate injuries caused by Palestinian stone-throwers near Armon Hanatziv neighborhood in Jerusalem (November 28); and a couple sustained light injuries as a result of firebomb thrown at their vehicle which caught fire near Teqoa (Judea).”