The US government is seeking Muhammad Jamal, an al-Qaeda-linked terrorist, wanted for his role in the 9-11-12 Benghazi massacre. Jamal was arrested by Egyptian authorities in December 2012. Just last week The New York Times claimed al-Qaeda had nothing to do with the Benghazi attack.
FOX News reported:
Advertisement - story continues below
The U.S. government is trying to apprehend an al Qaeda terrorist wanted for his role in the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attack that killed four Americans.
The suspect, Muhammad Jamal, was imprisoned in Egypt last fall and in September was being held by the Egyptian government. His current whereabouts could not be confirmed, said U.S. officials who spoke on condition of anonymity. One official said Jamal remains in Egyptian custody, contrary to reports that he was in Yemen.
Jamal was labeled a designated terrorist by the United Nations Oct. 18, identifying him and the group he formed, the Muhammad Jamal Network, as linked to the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi attack.
Four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, were killed during an assault on a diplomatic compound and a nearby CIA facility in the Libyan port city.
The identification of Jamal as an al Qaeda member linked to the Benghazi attack contradicts a recent New York Times investigative report that concluded there was no evidence al Qaeda or foreign terrorists were behind the Benghazi attack that is currently the subject of several congressional inquiries.
Muhammad Jamal was released from jail during the Arab Spring. He is thought to be behind the attack on the US consulate that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.
The al-Marsad News Network, an Egyptian media organization, posted a “rare” video interview with Muhammad Jamal al-Kashef AKA Abu Ahmed, who reportedly led the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on September 11, 2012. (SITE)