Vintage Media Pulls Out All The Stops Trying to Blame #ObamaReidShutdown on GOP
Guest post by Doug Ross of Doug Ross @ Journal
This sort of agitprop isn’t unexpected, but it is still surprisingly lame. The man whose starting negotiating position is that he will not negotiate is responsible for any shutdown that occurs. The man who refuses to discuss cutting a single penny from his disastrous health care is emblematic of a dysfunctional government.
• The Washington Bezos-Post: “House pushes U.S. to the edge of a shutdown“
• CBS News-Rather: “Risking government shutdown, House GOP seeks Obamacare delay“
• NBC-Sharpton News: “Shutdown nears as House passes funding bill that delays Obamacare“
• MSNBC-Madcow News: “House Republicans embrace government-shutdown plan“
• Al Reuters: “U.S. Republicans reject Senate bid to avoid government shutdown“
• The New York Daily Bloomberg: “House Republicans Increase Likelihood of Government Shutdown“
The House holds the power of the purse. It is their Constitutional duty to pass responsible spending bills.
It is Obama and the Democrats who ignore all Constitutional checks and balances.
They will not negotiate with the House. They won’t discuss even a single penny.
What does it say about a president who states quite explicitly that he will negotiate with terrorists, mass-murders and despots — but not Republicans?
The radical extremists leading the Democrat Party — men and women who refuse to negotiate — are responsible for any shutdown that occurs.