Earlier this month ABC News confirmed that State Department spokesman Victoria Nuland raised specific objections to an original CIA draft on the Benghazi massacre. Nuland pushed her superiors to completely delete numerous references of extremists linked to al-Qa’ida in Benghazi and eastern Libya.
She also persuaded more senior officials to delete information on at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants prior to 9-11. After all, an election was coming up.
Obama officials agreed with Nuland and decided to report to the public that an offensive YouTube video was the reason for the attack.
It was a lie.
Advertisement - story continues below
But during her press conference on September 17, 2012, Victoria Nuland told reporters that what Ambassador Risce said on the Sunday talk shows was “very clear, very precise, about what our initial assessment of what happened.”
That was another lie.
Yesterday Barack Obama nominated Victoria Nuland to assistant secretary of state for Europe.