Yesterday, Steve Hayes revealed that “several more” Benghazi whistle-blowers were considering coming forward, including CIA officials. FOX News reporter James Rosen reported back in April that a CIA official was ready to testify on the Benghazi scandal.
Joseph diGenova, attorney for Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Counterterrorism Mark Thompson who testified before a Congressional committee this past week, says he has more whistle-blowers who want to testify including CIA officials.
The Blaze reported:
The attorney for one of the Benghazi whistleblowers told TheBlaze Radio that he has more people who want to come forward to testify.
Advertisement - story continues below
Joseph diGenova, attorney for acting Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Counterterrorism Mark Thompson, did not specify how many new witnesses there were, but said they had been “on the ground” and “in the fight” during the September assault that left four Americans dead. Thompson was one of three whistleblowers who went before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.
“We’ve been contacted by some people on the ground who were there, who were in the fight, who want to come forward but who fear if they do they will never get contract work with the agency again,” diGenova told TheBlaze Radio host Jay Severin on Thursday. “We are going to test the director of central intelligence’s word [that those who testify will not be penalized]. If these people decide they want to come forward, the first thing we’re going to do is go to the director’s office and say here they are, how are you going to protect them?”
DiGenova suggested there are more hearings on Benghazi to come, saying lawmakers “crossed the Rubicon yesterday, there’s no turning back” after Wednesday’s congressional hearing.