North Korea also announced they will nullify non-aggression agreements on March 11.
The North Korean regime severed the inter-Korean communication hotline.
Korea’s Yonhap News Agency reported, via Free Republic:
North Korea severed the inter-Korean communication hotline that runs through the truce village of Panmunjom following its threat to do so last week, South Korea’s unification ministry said Monday.
The ministry said the North seems to have disconnected the emergency link set up to ensure prompt two-way communication to deal with any sudden developments along the demilitarized zone (DMZ) that separates the two Koreas. It said attempts to contact the North by telephone at 9 a.m. failed.
South Korea News has more on the mounting tension.
UN Recent statements by Seoul have angered Pyongyang to the extent that the latter considers them a cry for war. This follows North Korea’s nullifying all non-aggression pacts and cutting the hotline with its southern neighbor. According to North Korea’s official news agency KCNA, Pyongyang’s senior official with the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea demanded an apology on Saturday, reacting to the South Korean Defense Ministry’s threat that North Korea “will vanish from earth”, should it choose to strike first.