George Zimmerman Hides Out in Secret Safe House After Receiving Thousands of Death Threats
George Zimmerman is hiding out in a safe house after being released from jail on $1 million bail. The former neighborhood watch volunteer has received thousands of death threats after the shooting of Trayvon Martin in February.
Autopsy results after the shooting revealed that Trayvon Martin had only two injuries on his body – a fatal gunshot wound and bloody knuckles. On the other hand, George Zimmerman had several injuries, including a fractured nose, two black eyes and cuts on the back of his head. George Zimmerman passed a lie detector test the day after the Trayvon Martin shooting.
The Daily Mail reported:
George Zimmerman is hiding in a secret safe house in Seminole County, Florida, protected 24 hours a day by a private security team.
The former neighborhood watch volunteer has stepped up his security after being released from jail on $1 million bail because he is forced to stay in the same community where he killed Trayvon Martin.
Zimmerman’s supporters say he has received thousands of death threats since the shooting in February in Sanford, Florida, which he claims was self-defense.
Zimmerman’s lawyers were able to post the bond with help from an influx of $20,000 in donations to their client’s defense fund after a desperate plea on its website, the Orlando Sentinel reported.
The $20,000 added to the balance of $211,000 in the defense fund, which was more than enough to cover the 10 per cent non-refundable portion charged by bonding companies.
‘He is very happy to be out. It’s been a very sobering experience spending the last month in jail,’ Zimmerman’s attorney Don West told reporters on Friday afternoon.
Another attorney for Zimmerman, Mark O’Mara, said that the team had secured a temporary safe house for his client.