Oh Brother… Media Attacks Romney Over Vacations in France – Forgets About Obama Family’s Non-Stop Globe-Trotting
The liberal media today is giving Mitt Romney a hard time for enjoying his vacations in France.
It’s as if they completely forgot who’s president.
The Obama family members have enjoyed 16 vacations in three years – during the greatest recession since the Great Depression. And when they’re not vacationing they’re checking out potential vacation getaways while on official state business.
In fact, the Obama Family takes so many vacations they give ‘vacationing’ a bad name. They vacation like it’s a part-time job…
VACATION TO PARIS
In June 2009, President Obama and his family took a “Paris vacation.”
- · “After whisking his wife to Manhattan for dinner and a Broadway show last weekend, President Obama is treating his family to a Paris vacation – paid for, in part, by taxpayers.” [The Boston Globe, 6/5/09]
The vacation included a shopping trip for members of the First Family in the “upscale” St. Germain neighborhood.
- · “After a private lunch on June 7 with Sarkozy and his wife, Carla, the First Lady’s entourage headed to the upscale St.-Germain-des-PrŠs neighborhood so Obama and her daughters could enjoy a private trip to Bonpoint, a branch of the upscale French chain.” [New York Daily News, 6/30/09]
Obama reportedly dined at famed chef Alain Ducasse’s restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- · “Besides helping mark the 65th anniversary of D-Day on the beaches of Normandy, the Obamas will be enjoying the City of Lights for a few days, especially on Wednesday, which is Sasha’s 8th birthday, says The Washington Post’s Reliable Source column – which also cites French reports that the first couple have reservations at celebrity chef Alain Ducasse’s restaurant atop the Eiffel Tower.” [People, 6/5/09]
Obama on France: “I need to … get back there.”
- · “Earlier this month, President Obama met with the French premium TV channel Canal Plus, which asked what he particularly liked about France. ‘Well, let’s see. We got the food,’ said Obama, ‘We’ve got Paris. We’ve got the South of France – Provence – the wine.’ Reminiscing about a college trip he took to the South of France, Obama, 47, said, ‘I haven’t been back for a long time. And so I need to … get back there.’” [People, 6/5/09]
VACATION TO SPAIN
In August 2010, the First Lady and the President’s daughter vacationed in Spain.
- · “First Lady Michelle Obama has added another vacation to her summer schedule, with a trip to Spain with daughter Sasha, 9, next month, the White House announced on Monday. The travel is being billed by the White House as a ‘private mother-daughter trip with longtime family friends.’” [Chicago Sun-Times, 7/27/10]
CBC News estimated that the round-trip flight to Spain by itself cost nearly $150,000.
- · “CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller reports the C-32A  the First Lady used to fly to Spain – one of the planes that usually serves as Air Force Two, and sometimes Air Force One – operates at a Department of Defense reimbursement rate of $11,351 per hour. So a 6.5 hour flight to Spain would run $73,781.50 – double for the round trip.” [CBS News, 8/5/10]
But, according to the liberal media, Mitt Romney is out of touch.
Please, spare us the nonsense.