Delusional?: DNC Chair Denies Unemployment Has Risen Under Obama
Posted By: The P/Oed Patriot
During an interview on Fox News DNC Chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, denied that unemployment has gone up under the Obama Administration.
Here is the video:
According to Hot Air, Schultz is Delusional because it’s obvious, even to this one eyed man, that unemployment has indeed gone up:
“Here are a few facts that seem to have gotten past Wasserman Shultz as the head of a major political party, and as a member of Congress:
- Jobless rate in January 2009: 7.8%. Jobless rate in November 2011: 8.6%.
- Number of employed in January 2009, in thousands: 133,563. In November 2011: 131,708
- Civilian participation rate in January 2009: 65.7%. In November 2011: 64.0%
- Unemployment level in January 2009, in thousands: 11,984. In November 2011: 13,303
- Number of people not in labor force, January 2009, in thousands: 80,554. In November 2011: 86,558
The number of jobs has declined almost 2 million during Obama’s term even without accounting for the 3 million-plus working-age adults who joined the population while Obama has been President, while the number of people not in the labor force has risen by six million.”