It Figures… Obama Blames the GOP for the Health Care Bill on "60 Minutes" (Video)
It figures. Barack Obama blamed the Republicans for the fact that democrats rammed through their unpopular health care bill without a single Republican vote.
“I made the decision to go ahead and do it. And, it proved as costly politically as we expected. Probably actually a little more costly than we had expected… Partly because I couldn’t get the kind of cooperation from Republicans that I hoped for. We thought that if we shaped a bill that wasn’t that different from previous bills that had introduced by Republicans, including the Republican governor in Massachusetts who’s now running for president, that we would be able to find some common ground there and we just couldn’t.”
Here are a few points regarding his statement:
– The health care bill was passed before not after the unpopular financial bill.
– Mitt Romney is not currently running for president.
– We’ve never been a bill like this proposed nationally unless you count Hillarycare.
– Obama was pushing the bill for over a year before democrats rammed it through.
– It was the central focus of his first two years in office.
– They didn’t even read the bill.
– Democrats thought it would be more popular by the midterm election.
– His other emergency economic proposals were complete bombs, too.
Of course, Steve Croft did not bother to question the president about any of his inaccurate statements.