Pakistani Radicals Go Wild After Female Terrorist Sentenced in New York City

Aafia Siddiqui (DOB used: March 2, 1972) is an MIT alumna in biology, originally from Pakistan. She went missing in 2003 and has three children. In August 2008 she was captured outside an Afghan government building with documents giving recipes for explosives and chemical weapons. During questioning by FBI agents and U.S. military officers she grabbed a gun and started firing on the officials. She was shot in the gut by a soldier and started screaming that she wanted to kill Americans.

She was brought to New York in August 2008 to face charges.

Supporters of a Pakistani socio-political group ‘Pasban’, hold a rally demanding the release of accused al-Qaida associate Aafia Siddiqui, seen at left on the banner, Sunday, Sept. 19, 2010, in Peshawar, Pakistan. Siddiqui, 37, was convicted of two counts of attempted murder, though the jury found the crime wasn’t premeditated. She was also convicted of armed assault, using and carrying a firearm, and assault of U.S. officers and employees. (AP)


This week a judge sentenced this jihadist to 86 years in prison.
The Hindu reported:

A New York court’s decision to sentence Pakistani neuro-scientist Aafia Siddiqui with 86 years of imprisonment for shooting at U. S. soldiers in Afghanistan has triggered outrage across the country with protesters taking to the streets in many places.

Though the verdict came in around 10 p.m., protesters were up in arms in several cities of the country even as the American-educated neuro-scientist’s mother and sister were on television venting their anger at the American justice system.

Many, in effect, hold the Pakistan government to blame for the fate that has befallen Dr. Siddiqui – who first went missing along with her three children in 2003. It is widely believed here that the Massachusetts Institute of Technology-educated neuro-scientist was handed over to the U. S. by Pakistan because of her alleged links with the Al-Qaeda.

Human rights organizations took up her case when it became evident that she had been held for years in Baghram base in Afghanistan as ‘Prisoner No. 650’.

Hours before the verdict was out, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit pointed out that Pakistan had been tapping diplomatic, political and legal channels to bring her back.

Let her rot.

You Might Like