Vote "NO" on Proposition A Sales Tax Increase Today …Update: Tax-&-Spenders Win
The St. Louis Tea Party Coalition is urging local residents to vote “no” on the new progressive sales tax.
Today, Tuesday, April 6, is Election Day in St. Louis County. In some places, especially throughout South County, the only measure on the ballot is Proposition A: a sales tax increase.
Prop A’s backers—principally County Exec Charlie Dooley and Chesterfield Mayor John Nations—claim this tax increase of up to $650 per family will allow Metro to grow. You know otherwise.
- Dooley and Nations cannot point to a specific plan. They point to four.
- They cannot tell you how much any of the four plans costs. They tell you, “a lot more than we’ve got.”
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will cover the cost of expansion. It will not.
- They cannot tell you Proposition A won’t pay for the sins of the past. It will.
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will be enough to run Metro for five years without another tax increase. It won’t.
- They cannot tell you that Proposition A will make lives of the poor and disabled better. It won’t
- Dooley and Nations cannot give you one positive reason to raise your taxes. They can only give excuses.
- In short, Proposition A is just another progressive strategy for taking your money and giving it to politicians to spent.
Vote No on Proposition A on Tuesday, April 6. No excuses.
UPDATE: Proposition A passed tonight in St. Louis. The tax-and-spenders won.